• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help me stop spammers with good questions (1 Viewer)

Frybread

RedCents
31¢
You know the image verfication where you have to enter letters that you can't read and have to hit "refresh image" 30 times before you get something that's not O and 0, 5 and S, 6 and G, and even then only a trained professional can figure out?

Yeah, trained professionals have been getting through those and spamming our shit up.

Now we have a new defense system: QUESTIONS!

Here's what I got so far:

Q) What is the acronym for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game?
A) mmorpg

Q) What canned meat product is now known for annoying internet advertisments?
A) spam

They have to be easy enough for the slightly below average intelligence NASCAR fan (our target demographic) but too hard for a non-english speaking, $2 a month earning, sweatshop chinaman.

Q) Are you a hired professional whose sole purpose is to sign up to forums to spam advertisements?
A) No

Not familiar with vBulletin forums, but wouldn't there be a mod that compares url's in a person's profile to a blacklist, and if there is a match, auto ban via IP?

coming straight off the top of my head:

Q: vodka and orange juice = ?
A: screwdriver

Q: A squared plus B squared = ?
A: C squared

Q: how far can a dog run into a forest?
A: halfway. then it's running out.

Q: how many potatoes can you put in an empty bag?
A: *this one's tricky, because people want to know what kind of potatoes, how big the bag is, etc, but HEY! YOU CAN ONLY PUT ONE, JACKASS, BECAUSE THEN IT'S NOT EMPTY. DUH!

Q: what did the hat say to the necktie?
A: you hang around here, i'll go on ahead.

(I'LL "GO ON A HEAD"... awwww... shucks)

Q: how many sides does a circle (or sphere) have?
A: Two. inside and outside**.

**Mos Def, the brooklyn rap guy extraordinaire has an album called 'Black on Both Sides'. most black people don't even get this reference***.

*** this album is easily one of the best hip hop albums, like ever. do your self a favor and give it a listen. ten bucks says you can't make it past track 2 before feeling the same. seriously. bit torrent. go. now.

http://www.sputnik7.com/features/mosdef/images/album_cover.jpg

Q: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: a woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

that is all. perhaps more later...?

Question: What is the capitol of Taiwan?
Answer: I'd smack you in the balls right now if you were standing next to me

What is the most popular MMORPG in the world right now?
World of Warcraft

What creature is the mainstay of Mordor's army in Lord of the Rings, its name starting with an "o" and ending with a "c?"
Orc

You could spell out the answer in the question... programs couldn't crack that, could they?

I would recommend simple "quiz" questions based on previous NA.com articles; that way not only are the answers easy enough for most NA.com enthusiasts but could be easily enough researched by newcomers who might not know.

E.g.:

You are now HATED by?

______ with a High Warlord.

Save your what for your llama?

for the record, it took me forever to get past the 'o' and 'c' question....

and i have since been informed that "orthopedic"s were never an integral part of fantasy literature.

i figured i would also submit a question relevant to the target community:

Q: What acronym might you use to tell people you have been playing too long and are "Falling Asleep At (the) Keyboard"?

A: FAAK

Q: What is the only website to offer +resists to "Curse of the MMORPG?" (hint: it starts 'www.' and ends in 'notaddicted.com')

A: http://www.olganon.org/

(ha! see its a trick question, in the crime-solving industry we call this a red hearing, or a blue hermit or something else i dont know im tired)

(ha! see its a trick question, in the crime-solving industry we call this a red hearing

redherringzd6.jpg

Dont forget immature chats...Westfall is set to give The Barrens a run for its money in the lame joke and insult faire.

Help me stop spammers with good questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back