• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Healing methods (1 Viewer)

RedCents
925¢
Hey guys,

So I’ve been using mq2shaman, it’s doing great outside of a specific use case. Not sure if there’s another plugin/Mac that might be better suited to what I’m looking for, and looking for suggestions in case I missed one that may function this way

In raid format, I’d like the shammy to heal xtar pc’s using the MA threshold or whatever similar setting is used instead of the non-MA threshold, since our tanks aren’t marked as MA’s while raiding

I wasn’t able to find how mq2heals sets its variable heal points, and I see that KA lets you set heal% by class, but wanted to see if there were other options (preferably plugin for speed) for raid healing in this way before I set up an ini and test run it on the shammy

Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

So I’ve been using mq2shaman, it’s doing great outside of a specific use case. Not sure if there’s another plugin/Mac that might be better suited to what I’m looking for, and looking for suggestions in case I missed one that may function this way

In raid format, I’d like the shammy to heal xtar pc’s using the MA threshold or whatever similar setting is used instead of the non-MA threshold, since our tanks aren’t marked as MA’s while raiding

I wasn’t able to find how mq2heals sets its variable heal points, and I see that KA lets you set heal% by class, but wanted to see if there were other options (preferably plugin for speed) for raid healing in this way before I set up an ini and test run it on the shammy

Thanks in advance
there is no real discernable "speed" difference in macro, Lua, plugin etc - just how it is written.

not sure of something for your use case specifically. We intentionally use the non-ma value for xtarget healing in the plugins, and don't have plans on making that an indie heal value, nor change it to MA value.

do you not put enough heals with your MA for that to matter? and increasing your non-ma health value isn't enough?

Thanks for the reply sic

Not expecting changes based around this, and not trying to disparage the work done on mq2shm, hope it wasn’t taken that way. Mostly just looking for a way to push more focused healing to the tanks on xtar while not throwing heals at dps in group that just need a tick of HoT or splash healing to be topped off

And thanks for the heads up on Mac/Lua/plugin speeds, must be a relic of when I used to play quite a while ago

Thanks for the reply sic

Not expecting changes based around this, and not trying to disparage the work done on mq2shm, hope it wasn’t taken that way. Mostly just looking for a way to push more focused healing to the tanks on xtar while not throwing heals at dps in group that just need a tick of HoT or splash healing to be topped off

And thanks for the heads up on Mac/Lua/plugin speeds, must be a relic of when I used to play quite a while ago

With KA, I do this with |Class tags on the heals. Not sure on others.

Thanks for the reply sic

didn't take it as disparagement or otherwise, just that something wasn't fitting your needs/usage.

the speed this is a common misconception that pops up every now and again - basically just boils down to design

For such a specific use-case I recommend the lem (Lua event manager) which allows to create event(s) based of one or more xtarget-slot-health and define at which health-level which action should take place. I have created serveral events and based on my observations I can state, that lem-events are very reactive.

Last edited:
Question - Healing methods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back