• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Having trouble with mage group... (1 Viewer)

sigg

RedCents
23¢
So I'm running a mage group of 4 mages, chanter, druid. Used to use Ogre in the past and ran an exactly same makeup group and had no issue with the items below. Have a couple questions.

1) When some mobs are pulled, the main mage's pet (he's puller as well) engages a bit further out and since it's the earth pet, it roots the mob. The mob is a bit far from camp (not extremely, still within spell range to be sure, and no LOS issues), but the mages REFUSE to nuke or send in pets. So of course the primary mage's pet sits there and solo tanks and dies after a while. Only then does the mob show up in camp and the mages all engage - but now I have to resummon a pet and buff him up with all the toys again.

2) When the mages try to cast Chaotic Boon (level 84 spell, chance to heal pet when nuking), the cast bar casts about 3/4 of the 1.5 second duration and then every mage interrupts for no reason. If I manually click to cast the spell, it casts just fine and the buff lands.

3) I'm having trouble making the druid heal the mage pets with any level of consistency. During one scenario (#1 above), she sat there healing the pet repeatedly until the pet killed the mob. Other times I'll have a pet near dead and the druid will do nothing. Maybe this is just a bug.

Thanks so much for your help!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody knows? I mean we had a bunch of mage groups running around on the progression/TLP servers....someone must know, please :)

First check your ini on mages for something about interrupting spell casting to heal. It can cut off casting. Second take puller tag off main Mage even tho it pulls. Not needed and may also change heal behaviours of Druid Another option is to set main Mage as leader and in its ini set autofollow leader to zero and on all others set it to 1. This ways they stay grouped while your main moves from target to target. Check range on other group members and reduce your main mages pet assist range. Just guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too played with ogre a bit on TLP with a few people running mage groups on LJ

What macro are you using now?

Post your ini's for best help

Set your meleedistance to like 55 on all of your toons, for your main mage-tank set it to 50 and that should help

Question - Having trouble with mage group...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back