• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Havin a wierd, minor problem (1 Viewer)

alabama20

RedCents
60¢
When I hold down the right mouse button to get the item description and what-not, the info for the focus effects is not comin up. I get all the info for actual spells that are in my spellbook or memmed on the spell bar, but not any of it on the focus effects on items (extended enhancement for instance). I had to uninstall EQ and reload it cause of some probs it was havin. Now that I got it back up and running, everything seems good but this. Any ideas? Thanks.

When this happened to me it was an issue with the UI I was using. I had been using the old default UI because I absolutely hated the new one and hadn't yet figured out how to change the items I didn't like. Once I did do that, and fired up the new default UI with the changes I wanted, right clicking spells and stuff for info was fixed.

Yeah, I noticed the same issues with chat text disappearing, quest text also, but if I then close my map it all comes back. It only seems to happen in the new TBS zones from the times I have seen it though.

I seem to remember at one point there being an issue with EQ's UI only being able to display X (and I forget what value X was) number of lines of text on the screen. When we use the MQ enabled map in some cases it pushes you over that cap so the next windows you open have less info in them until the map is closed.

Well, I can have the map up or down, no focus info. Wife's comp is working fine, shows everything. I really believe it's gotta be some setting somewhere, cause I didn't have this prob till I had to uninstall and reload EQ. I've reloaded MQ and tried all i can think of, but still no joy. Sad Southerner here. =-(

Yeah Nightmare, it was there. Same size and all as the file on my wife' comp.

Well, after re-downloading and unzipping MQ numerous times, and banging my head against the wall till blood was pouring from my ears, I copied my wife's MQ folder and over-wrote everything in mine with that, figuring wth, and for whatever reason, it's working correctly now. I had all the same files on my computer that she had (believe me, i checked many times), had removed MQ from my system completely a couple of times, and had sacrificed multitudes of animals in the light of the full moon while making various oaths with pagan gods, to no avail. I still don't understand, but it's working now, so I ain't gonna ask any questions. Thanks for the time and help those who have put their minds to the task.

Havin a wierd, minor problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back