• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Have toons run commands on entry into game? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,030¢
Hey, I have made this work before, but I'm having an impossible time remembering...

How can you have toons run a certain command/commands immediately upon entering the game? I can't remember if it was related to a macro or Lua, there was a way to have just specific toons do it and then a way where every toon would run certain commands on game entry depending what was in some ini or something.

Anyone recall off the top of their head? Thanks.

Solution
Hey, I have made this work before, but I'm having an impossible time remembering...

How can you have toons run a certain command/commands immediately upon entering the game? I can't remember if it was related to a macro or Lua, there was a way to have just specific toons do it and then a way where every toon would run certain commands on game entry depending what was in some ini or something.

Need information on .cfg files?https://docs.macroquest.org/main/features/cfg-files/

you can use an ingame.cfg

Need information on .cfg files?https://docs.macroquest.org/main/features/cfg-files/

Solution

Alright, it isn't working for some reason. I have ingame.cfg in my Release folder --> Config, with everything else. It's saved as a CFG, but nothing happens when any toon enters the game. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? /loadcfg ingame.cfg also doesn't work.

Alright, it isn't working for some reason. I have ingame.cfg in my Release folder --> Config, with everything else. It's saved as a CFG, but nothing happens when any toon enters the game. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? /loadcfg ingame.cfg also doesn't work.

This might be something you've already tried, but make sure you're not hiding file extensions in Windows, so that you're not accidentally creating the file "ingame.cfg.txt" or something like that.

Use this one, Windows can be a pita creating these types of files.
Thanks a lot, that worked.

Last problem seems to be my /delay commands aren't working. I've tried /delay 30s, /delay 100s, /delay 1000s, but it won't do any delay inbetween commands upon game entry. I'm just using /wave to test, and it waves as soon as the toon enters the game. Has that command changed?

Thanks a lot, that worked.

Last problem seems to be my /delay commands aren't working. I've tried /delay 30s, /delay 100s, /delay 1000s, but it won't do any delay inbetween commands upon game entry. I'm just using /wave to test, and it waves as soon as the toon enters the game. Has that command changed?
Don’t use /delay use /timed if your wanting to do sequential actions.
For example
/timed 10 /whatever command
/timed 20 /whatever command
Etc

Just note that if you have character specific.cfg files you’ll want the /timed to start with a higher number than the last /timed of your ingame.cfg because you want them to execute in sequence.

Question - Have toons run commands on entry into game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back