• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - Hard Group mission (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,362¢
Hey all. I know I don't use Mq2 to its fullest, but I was wondering if it is possible to box a full party on some of these hard group missions in Arx or TBM that require a lot of different mechanics? Like changing targets and stopping dps etc. Right now I only 2 or 3 box and I know those missions are out of reach for me, but I would like to get them done and finding a group of real toons to go back and do that content is like finding a a government that doesn't like to tax its people.

I'm willing too wager MQ2 could theoretically play from creation too the end of end game. Question, who will code that? In all seriousness, yes absolutely it can do that. But you will have too code it. Sounds like a beyond ambitious project though. I have no valid answers beyond that, sorry.

at one point u can muscle thru most any old mission to be honest
in some cases where its a mechanics issue, i know sounds hard to believe, but less is more....
as an example vish fight (shoulder my burden thing from DoN) its better to solo than to box that thing

With kissassist you can change targets mid fight with maswitching turned on

Stopping dps might require macros to be paused on all but healer, turning attack off and making sure mq2melee isn't overriding, easily do'able with a bit of setup and a hotkey set to run those commands when needed. You might be able to do it on the fly by turning dps=0 on the fly with /togglevariable and melee=0

Use hotkeys with /nav loc commands to get your group or certain toons to move to where you need them to.

Not something I have tried yet but I would think with a bit of trial and error these encounters can be done easily enough without having to go reinvent the wheel and write your own macros to fully control your characters

Question - Hard Group mission

Users who are viewing this thread

Back