• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Hammer of Grammar: Up and coming WoW comic. (1 Viewer)

Alynia Wildpetal

RedCents
Since 75% of my server thinks we spawn nothing but drama. It's nice to see something amusing come out of it once and a while.

This comic was fairly unknown before it recently made the WoWInsider blog.

It features a priest named Auden (the author's character) and an famous/infamous dwarf hunter named Gweryc , who's made it to 70 having never once fired a single shot from a gun, bow, or crossbow. (Those 6 points in guns come from his dwarven racial bonus)

The comic lampoons the future of WoW, the oddly decorated areas of the Black Temple, the perils of being an actual female player, among other things.

(First comic linked here)

Those are all awesome. I loved the hilarious observation about roleplay characters always missing one eye, and having their remaining eye be ever so brilliant and stunning.... err, sparkling, glittering, glowing, and whatnot.

Yeah the first one really wasn't that amusing so I almost just said screw it and closed the web browser but I decided to go a lil further and they definitely got better.

I absolutely LOVE your new comic strip. LOVE it.

My favorites:

http://meghanohara.org/wordpress/2007/08/12/lets-party/

THAT is classic. And probably best understood by those who don't remember their 20s and wonder WTF some of these KIDS are doing playing WoW in their free time. In my opinion, WoW is actually more suited to those in their 40s and up. But then again....I may be a bit biased. When I was in MY 20s, I was out partyin' my life away, bar hopping, dressing like a whore, going to rock concerts and bragging to my friends how I held hands with Steve Perry from Journey. I sure as the fuck was NOT sitting at home behind a computer screen bragging about "epic gear." Pfft.

http://meghanohara.org/wordpress/2007/08/14/youre-still-the-one/

Yup. The best reason YET for rolling a belf.

http://meghanohara.org/wordpress/2007/08/25/penis-envy/

"Night Elf Hunters / Everyone Else." lolz

I did get a lot more ass before EQ. On the flip side I never needed ass when I had EQ. EQ = 15$ a month. Ass = potential exponential cash and sanity payments for all eternity. Not such a bad trade imo.

I did get a lot more ass before EQ. On the flip side I never needed ass when I had EQ. EQ = 15$ a month. Ass = potential exponential cash and sanity payments for all eternity. Not such a bad trade imo.

That's why you find yourself a gamer chick to hook up with. I married one and now I get the best of both worlds, play computer games AND get a piece of ass.

... and now in your 40's, you are. :rolleyes:

DAMN STRAIGHT. I'm too fuckin' old now to be outside "playing" in the fresh air! ROFL!!!

Besides...Steve Perry's not hot anymore and neither am I. My liver is full of holes (from my 20s) and I only have a few functioning brain cells left from all the weed I smoked back then (combined with early senility). So what ELSE am I capable of besides WoW?

heh

DAMN STRAIGHT. I'm too fuckin' old now to be outside "playing" in the fresh air! ROFL!!!

Besides...Steve Perry's not hot anymore and neither am I. My liver is full of holes (from my 20s) and I only have a few functioning brain cells left from all the weed I smoked back then (combined with early senility). So what ELSE am I capable of besides WoW?

heh

Basket weaving, tree hugging, cheap prostitution and seinor member of the PTA come to mind. See? There are LOTS of fun things to do besides playing WOW.

On a side note, those comics are pretty funny..:yea:

THAT is classic. And probably best understood by those who don't remember their 20s and wonder WTF some of these KIDS are doing playing WoW in their free time.

Hmm, I think you missed or misunderstood the 'let's not tell them about Doom II' part; The grown-ups were on the same level of geekiness in their 20's and were merely fooling around with the youngsters.

(Considering your 'understanding')

Hammer of Grammar: Up and coming WoW comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back