• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

halloween quest (1 Viewer)

decker

RedCents
452¢
starts in pok Zigan Ribshard by cabalis stone.

talk to him he sends you to find his 5 friend (all in kith forest)

talk to mippa in kith she's by RV zi . she wants 5 pumkiny foods.. go collect and make pumpkin food. can either make 5 of one type food or make variety. she just wants 5

old man trick or treat. he's in NW corner of kith he wants you to get 10 trick or treat candys for him. he gives you bag and clue book. go find 10 npcs and hail them "trick or treat" and they will give you candy or a trick .. if they give you junk you have to zone and hail again

The 10 items Old Man Drakey (Kithikor) asks you to combine in his bag can be found:-

Crabby the Rotten - Unrest - either of the two grassy mazes left or right. (Candy Jack-o'lantern).

Grand Historian Maelin - PoK library top floor (Jawbreaker).

Sgt Ragus - EC wanders a similar path to Sgt Slate. (Rock Candy).

Immung Lashtail - FoB pit. (Gummie Kobolds).

Nilham the Chef - Iceclad igloos (Chocolate Coin).

Fuzz - Toxxulia Forest nr katta zone on beach (Carmel Apples).

Nate - Mistmoore Graveyard (Fairy Fizzles).

Scary Miller - West karana he is in the fields around Cleet Millers farm (Candy Corn).

Wraps McGee - Befallen (Tasty Candy).

Poil Lolp - Netherbian Lair done caves (Lollipop).

last 3 missions are group

npcs are : (CHEAT INC = put 55-60 monster shrouds on all in group you get easyer group mission)

halfling vampire. by a fallen log close to wc zi

he wants you to recover a costume for him....

bone collector : he's by the lake in kith

get bones for him. skull is in DN groundspawn in Rat man caves

storyteller. he's about middle of zone along the road . has silly puppet with him.. give him a invitation card of BB and you get instance... kill 4 waves of mobs it's EZ

get all 5 missions done .. head to pok and hail zigan with a illusion on .. gratz you have drybones illusion.

yes you can kill jack o lanterns in The Estate of Unrest, or the scarecrows in West Karana.
the pumpkin seeds are the common drop, and you can make the item from them with 1 butter, 1 copper sheet, 2 seeds, and 1 ground pepper. it is trivial at about 21. you will need 5 of the finished product.

oh I almost forgot, you can do the vampire and bone collection part with a 3 man group of level 30 shrouds ;) 55-60 is not needed.

Get the shrouds on all members involved, and then send one person to gain t he mission, then remove the shroud and go kill the vampire in MM, reshroud to level 30, and then get the bone collection mission, remove shrouds and head to the low level zones to get the bones >:)
Much easier than the level 55-60 shroud versions of the missions, I did this quest tonight and gained the mask with full stats. the illusion is icebone skelly btw not drybone

Anyone have a link to the reward item? I can't find any stats on any of these halloween items anywhere...

-CodeCaster

Its a Mask with Illusion Frost Skeleton, the stats are decent and its a ALL/ALL item. I would love having my cleric be a Skeleton, but dont think I could do the mission on time to get it...

maskofhorror8ab.jpg

actually spunge, you have til the 14th -.-
nice mask btw, gonna to the mission friday or saturday
----------------------------------------------
Yugo Stargazer
63 Druid
Tunare

I found no good site with what to do for the quest, all got wrong or missing information. The best I found so far is EQ Live and even form that, they say maybe this, maybe this, we're not sure about this... but this...

Seem the first post have the quest, but its just hard to read without formating...

MISSION 1

You will need to make 5 pumpkin based food and give them to a NPC, all can be different or the same, the npc dont care, so I suggest only giving 5 time the same one.

Rich (BB code):
[  ] Talk to Zigan Ribshard in PoK (Near cabalis stone)

[  ] Talk to Mippie in Kithicor Forest (Near Rivervale)

[ ] Give 1st Pumpkin Food
	[ ] Give 2nd Pumpkin Food
	[ ] Give 3rd Pumpkin Food
	[ ] Give 4th Pumpkin Food
	[ ] Give 5th Pumpkin Food
The Pumkin Food must be one of these : Pumpkin Pie , Baked Pumpkin Seeds , Pumpkin Bread , Spiced Pumpkin Cider or Pumpkin Shake

Rewards : 5 dose potion of [Random Illusion] and Bristlebane's Ticket of Admission.

MISSION 2

You need to collect 10 different candys all around Norath, you will have to say "Trick or Treat" to 10 different npcs and collect their candies. If this dosent work, rezone and retry until you get your candy.

Rich (BB code):
[  ] Talk to Old Man Draykey in Kithicor Forest

[ ] Collect 1st Candy - Jack-o'lantern
	[ ] Collect 2nd Candy - Jawbreaker
	[ ] Collect 3rd Candy - Rock Candy
	[ ] Collect 4th Candy - Gummie Kobolds
	[ ] Collect 5th Candy - Chocolate Coin
	[ ] Collect 6th Candy - Carmel Apples
	[ ] Collect 7th Candy - Fairy Fizzles
	[ ] Collect 8th Candy - Candy Corn
	[ ] Collect 9th Candy - Tasty Candy
	[ ] Collect 10th Candy - Lollipop
Where to find the Candies

Jack-o'lantern : Find Crabby the Rotten in Unrest (Left Hedge Maze)
Jawbreaker : Find Grand Historian Maelin in PoK (Library Top Floor)
Rock Candy : Find Sergeant Ragus in East Commondlands
Gummie Kobolds : Find Immung Lashtail in Field of Bone (Giant Pit)
Chocolate Coin : Find Nilham the Chef in Iceclad (Igloos)
Carmel Apples : Find Fuzz in Toxxulia Forest (Near Katta zone on the Beach)
Fairy Fizzles : Find Nate in Mistmoore (Graveyard)
Candy Corn : Find Scary Miller in West Karana (Fields around Cleet Millers Farm)
Tasty Candy : Find Wraps McGee in Befallen
Lollipop : Find Poil Lolp in Netherbian Lair (Done Caves)

Rewards : 5 Tasty Treats ( this or this ) and Bristlebane's Ticket of Admission.

Last edited:
Credit goes to Graffes Comp.

Make sure to check out the reward(s) for this before you start..although to you true quest junkies it could matter less =P

The final reward from Zigan
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90040

Other drops along the way...
Ring ~ http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90015 (as 70 group)
Necklace ~ http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90026 (as 70 group)
Cloak ~ http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90016 (as 70 group)
Shield ~ http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90033 (as 70 group)
Earring ~ http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90025 (as 70 group)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting NPC: Zigan Ribshard (PoK Evil side, Near Cabalis Stone, Goblin)

'Hail, Zigan Ribshard'

Zigan Ribshard says 'Another sad little adventurer looking for a new conquest eh? Well I've got something for you but you'll need to check in with a few [friends] of mine before you can have anything to do with it.'

You say, 'friends?

Zigan Ribshard says 'They've all gone and holed themselves up in some bloody forest. There's five of them in all. One is a wannabe necromancer, spends all day tinkering with bones he does. The next is just some daft old man. I don't know how I got mixed up with him. Another is a fool with delusions of being a grand entertainer telling stories all day long. And then there's the [halflings]. . .'

You say, 'halflings?

Zigan Ribshard says 'There's Mippie to start. She's the type that doesn't know when to stop. I met up with her at a fantastic party in the Freeport catacombs. She'd put someone like you under the table without much trouble I'd wager. The other one is just . . . Well odd. Last I saw he was trying to convince people he was a vampire or some such. I can't imagine anyone feeling threatened by a blood sucking halfling. Anyways, once you've dealt with them come see me again, and remember to bring a costume!'

The 5 Npc's
(paste this below into your "kithicor_1 map file for ease of finding)

P -4517.2656, -1919.1162, 630.2666, 240, 0, 0, 3, Old_Man_Draykey_(Halloween)
P -1059.8870, -1237.3362, 113.5973, 240, 0, 0, 3, Cathil_and_A_silly_puppet_(Halloween)
P 566.4669, -1086.1989, -41.0570, 240, 0, 0, 3, A_Dressed-Up_Halfling_(Halloween)
P -3.3533, 101.0252, -20.2679, 240, 0, 0, 3, Barsin,_The_Bone_Collecter_(Halloween)
P -3812.5386, -1954.6014, 457.2908, 240, 0, 0, 3, Mippie_Diggs_(Halloween)

The 5 tasks :

Trick Or Treat
Cooking/Baking/Brewing Quest
Hafling Costume Quest
Bone Collector
PoP God Mission - Defend Rivervale

1) Trick Or Treat

Old Man Draykey can be found at +1917, +4537 in the N.West corner of Kithicor Forest.
Collect 10 Candies for him by saying "Trick or Treat" to NPCs

(Be warned some of them wander around and dont always give you a treat. If they trick you (coal/lint/sand), you have to zone out and back (or camp is easier) before you can ask again.

1. Hiding in the bushes of the dead house ---- (Candy Jack o lantern) Crabby the Rotten, Hedge maze, Unrest - repops in maze after each candy handout
~~(side note kill Scarecrow mobs while here in yard for parts to next step)~~

2. The pinnacle of enlightenment ---- (Jawbreaker) Grand Librarian in PoK - static

3. He's not Slate, but he's close. ---- (Rock Candy) Sergeant Ragus East Commonlands - paths around

4. Wanders the pit in a land of his kind ---- (Gummy Kobolds) Immug Lashtail - Iskar skelly in Field of Bone in the giant pit - paths around

5. A short man in an icy land, food can be found in his hands. ---- (Choclate coin) Nilham the Chef - Gnome in Iceclad in the middle igloo - static

6. Lurking in the forest near a feline retreat. ---- Fuzz Selppa Toxxulia Forest - randomly pops all over the far west zone wall

7. He found out the hard way that drinking and swordplay don't mix. --- (Fairy fizzles) Nate, Mistmoore Graveyard - static

8. Hidden away in the caves of his lair. --- (Lollipop) Poil Lolp ~ Netherbian Lair in the caves - randomly repops, looks like a Netherbian Drone

9. Toiling in the feilds of the gnoll's family. ---- (Candy corn)Scary Miller West Karrana in the big field - randomly repops in the cornfield SE of Qeynos Hills zone point

10. He's fallen down the stairs, but it's been kept under wraps. ---- (Tasty Candy) Wraps McGee, Befallen - static, at the base of the stairs on lv 3

Reward: 5 Tasty Treats and Bristlebane's Ticket of Admission.
(treats ~ http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=85065
or
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=85063

2) Cooking/Baking/Brewing Quest

Mippie is right outside Rivervale in Kithicor.
Hail her and go through text for task.

You can make these items before you actually get task...they're tradable too
(You don't need 1 of each food, just 5 total treats. ie...5 of the easiest)
Jack o lanterns in Unrest/West and North Karana drop the seeds and pumpkin flesh .

If you wanna do the baking and you're having trouble getting the ingredients, the items drop from the instanced version of Unrest which you can get in Butcherblock too - provided you can gather 3 people together to meet the requirements of the instance. Also the mobs dont summon in here so they can be kited.

Make 5 Pumpkiny Treats, options are:

a) Pumpkin Pie
* Baking Components: bottle of milk, cup of flour(2), cup of sugar, egg batter(2), pie tin, pumpkin flesh(2), pumpkin pie spice
In: oven, tanaan oven
Yield: 1
Trivial at: 68

b ) Pumpkin Bread
* Baking Components: bread tin, cup of flour(4), egg batter(2), pumpkin flesh, yeast
In: oven, tanaan oven
Also Returns: bread tin
On Failure Returns: bread tin
Trivial at: 102

c) Baked Pumpkin Seeds
* Baking Components: butter, copper sheet, ground pepper, handful of pumpkin seeds(2)
In: spit, oven, tanaan oven, collapsible spit
Also Returns: copper sheet
On Failure Returns: copper sheet
Trivial at: 26

d) Spiced Pumpkin Cider
* Brewing Components: barley, hops, pumpkin cider spice, pumpkin flesh(2), yeast
In: brew barrel, tanaan brew barrel
Trivial at: 68

e) Pumpkin Shake
* Baking Components: bottle of sweet milk, ice of velious, pumpkin flesh, rock salt
In: ice cream churn
Trivial at: 41

Hand Mippie the 5 items for reward

Reward: 5 dose potion of illusion _______ (keep this) and Bristlebane's Ticket of Admission.

3) Hafling Costume Quest
(Shared Party Task) (Full Group)

Go find Dressed up Halfling in Kithicor at loc 1097, -578,-37 (Near WC)
Hail him and repeat phrase to get task dependant on level...
PoH (High lvl)/ Katta Castelleum (Mid lvl)/or Mistmore Castle (Low lvls)

Kill Bloody Vampire and his 10 adds(PoH) 3 adds MM.
Loot Cloak
Loot Fangs

Go back to Kithicor and give the kid his costume.

Reward: Cloak ~ http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90016
and Bristlebane's Ticket of Admission

4) Barsin, the Bone Collector
Scarecrow near the lake in Kithicor forest loc -92.99, -22, 15.8
(Shared Party Task) (Full Group)

He needs several types of bones.
The zone depends on your level.

Bone Collector (Lvl 70 Group)
Get the task from the Bone Collector (follow the prompts) by the lake
Need a bone from a discordling (or apparently kyv's) from Wall of Slaughter. Near MPG line is good
Need a bone from those Banshee in PoNightmare . Hedge maze is good camp spot
Need a glowing skull thingy from Dragon Necropolis. They are a ground spawn (look for a glowing area on the floor). Near all the rats
Turn all this back into the Bone Collector and a 70+ mob pops at the lake

Reward: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90026
or
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90025
and Bristlebane's admission ticket

5) Cathil and A Silly Puppet
PoP God Mission - Defend Rivervale

(Shared Party Task)(Full Group)

Find Cathil, the storyteller, and his puppet Wenan at loc 1228, 1068 (near house on trail in Kithicor).
Hail and repeat phrases.
*Then hail the puppet. You must say this phrase "will you please, tell me a tale?"(???) He will refuse UNLESS you have something to give him.
Turn in 1 Bristlebane Ticket. Now, he will give you a task.

Turn in starts a Monster Mission in Kithicor, where you and your group mates get to play as Gods.
Choices are Ellrosi Marr (Cleric), Rallos Zek (War), Tunare (Druid), Terris Thule (Chanter), Bertox (Necro) and Cazic Thule (SK).

3 waves of 20 NPCs come from different areas of the forest. No matter how long it takes you to kill each wave, you still get down time in between.

First wave was Banshees, didn't cast spells, didn't hit very hard.
Rallos can taunt the main guy (cons blue while the minions con green) and everyone else can just have a field day.

Second wave is hobgoblins. They harm touch, all of them.
Rallos's armor rend seemed to be AoE, and worked to take agrro and keep the casters from getting HT'ed.

Third wave was tricky. Legion Commander on horseback (terris knight from the planer zones) lead a horde of skeletons.
He cons white, skeles were teal. He stops, and commands an attack, but he doesn't lead it.
Another mob spawns, blue con Sprite of Discontent or something like that, big black glob of goo, like a skinny Black Reaver.
It leads the skeletons in for the attack. When it dies, another Sprite spawns and leads another batch of skeles in. Hint: kill the first one's skeletons first.

When the second leader mob dies, the Commander becomes active and leads a third bunch of skeletons. He hits hard, summons. Resisted both of Cazic's death touches. Repeat like before, hold him off the casters, and let them clear the skeletons. Need the healer (Errolisi I think) to keep the tank alive. Tunare's heals were puny, like 5% for the tank.
Loot shield to complete "Collect" part of task

Reward: Shield ~ http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=36116 (as 70 group)

Finally, after you have done each task as above go back to PoK and while wearing a costume (Remember the Illusion Potion from Mippy?) go and rehail Zigan the goblin at the tree near the Calibis stone for the final reward.

Gratz on your Bone Mask of Horror
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=90040

Mippy tends to give out same-race potions, so if you happen to get a potion for the same race you are normally, go to the bazaar and buy a different illusion potion.

Lich form does not work.

Some more info on the MM:

Bertox seems to be the best DPS as long as you can keep aggro off of him. He has two nice AEs and a pet.

TT is completely useless, 5 people without TT will do as good as 6 people with TT.

Tunare is pretty decent, nice DD and ok heal.

Rallos+Erolisi is your staple team, you need those two.

Cazik was pretty good as offtank/dps.

Here is a helpful little tip on the trick or treat mission.... have food in your inventory. Your toon WILL EAT THE CANDY if he's hungry! =\

Thanks for the guide, couldn't find any info the first few days. Another skelly bard running around now ~

FINALLY all those AoN folks won't feel so special! Traded mine for a golden ticket HAH!

SPLOIT!!!!!
When you do the bone collecter MM mission, before u get the mission, go to pok and get level 20 rogue shrouds then get the bone collector task in kithicor, then back to pok to drop the shrouds. Complete the rest of the task as lvl 70 toons. Just did it got my mask on 2 toons works like a champ =)

P.S. good sploit hook a brother up!
that better?
wow no sleep = incoherent

RipSki said:
SPLOIT!!!!!
When you do the bone collecter MM mission, before u get the mission, go to pok and get level 20 rogue shrouds then get the bone collector task in kithicor, then back to pok to drop the shrouds. Complete the rest of the task as lvl 70 toons. Just did it got my mask on 2 toons works like a champ =)

P.S. good sploit hook a brother up!
that better?
wow no sleep = incoherent

I already posted this on the first page of the thread.
You can do it for the vampire kill for the halfling's costume.

Meave said:
What did you trade for a Golden Ticket ? Cause the item form quest is no trade...

he said
Ted said:
FINALLY all those AoN folks won't feel so special! Traded mine for a golden ticket HAH!

so I would assume he traded the Amulet of Necropotence for a golden ticket, because he now has the mask.......

*takes off his captain obvious cape, parts his hair slightly differently, and puts on his glasses.*

No I really mean what he exchange for a Gold ticket, cause I didnt know what AoN was... thougth it was maybe a Big Guild on his server or something...

share your mask!

My friend just did this (awaiting Ban Bat)

get the mask with your HIGHEST character (so you get the full stat mask)
put mask in shared slot and pass it to one of your alts
log back in with your main, use another illusion potion and hail the goblin
he will give you another mask!!
My friend gave one to all his alts
awaiting ban...

well he made it (no ban)

but...

since a number of items were updated (mask being one of them), they were made recommend 70, required 60. all his lowbies still have mask, it was removed and placed in their bags

halloween quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back