• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Grummus Mission (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Ok Seriously... WTF on how you beat this mission... You kill the names... Do the clicks and pray it drops his shield based on the success rate?

This brings me back to Inny 4 during Gates of Discord. Your success is based on luck even if you do everything right?

Someone please tell me i'm dumb and there is an easy way to do this.

I forget what the four mini named have for ae's, but I start with the far left one. They will all auto aggro but with a halfway raid sk and a zerk I can kill em all within a min.

Loot the four pieces, go run over by grummus, target him, click the four pendants, burn his ass down :) Just avoid the barrels.

If you box a tank just pop deflection and go to town with your other chars. It really takes less then 3min total once you run over

edit: I have never once even tried to click them in a certain order and have ran this many times :P

I forget what the four mini named have for ae's, but I start with the far left one. They will all auto aggro but with a halfway raid sk and a zerk I can kill em all within a min.

Loot the four pieces, go run over by grummus, target him, click the four pendants, burn his ass down :) Just avoid the barrels.

If you box a tank just pop deflection and go to town with your other chars. It really takes less then 3min total once you run over

edit: I have never once even tried to click them in a certain order and have ran this many times :P

Never leveled a good tank with my current crew, looks like I might be stuck until I level one up, or god forbid... I talk to other players in this game... actually in the game! lol

Kill order makes a big difference. Also, there was a post recently with info about a safe spot you can pull to.

What he said. There's a post or two here discussing a relatively safe spot to pull the 4 namers to in order to kill them. Kill order seems like it matters and is in the other thread. This mission is only one of two within the last two expansions that I had issues with and had to try a couple of times. The other one was the TDS mission where you have to kill the linked named + 4 mobs.

Ahh... sweet search function... how I love thee! ;-)

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/46018-Grummus!?highlight=grummus

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/40674-Anashti-Sul-Lady-of-Life?highlight=grummus

Thanks man, That should help with the safe spot. It has been hit and miss getting past adds, but when I did and clicked through the order of items (per eqresource) and his shield didn't drop... I rage quit.

lol, rage quit... I was close when I could get past the adds just fine but the barrels continuously f'd me in the a. Over and over and over and over. Grummus is easy to tank (my SK didn't seem to take much damage), and can be burned, but the barrels hurt. I just spread all my toons out so not everyone was getting f'd at the same time.

I did it with war clr bard mage wiz + cleric merc. Kill the mouse first as he has the DD that seems to kill healers. Then the other order didn't matter. I had them all dead before fear immunity wore off. I left pet on taunt and in tank mode so he was fighting to pick up adds with warrior. Then i poped all CD's on wiz and went to town. If barrels came out i just sent a stick command to group so they would move.

Question - Grummus Mission

Users who are viewing this thread

Back