• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group Setup for Old World Raids and Beyond (1 Viewer)

Triforce

RedCents
30¢
Wanted to get some input on this group setup: Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter (main toon im playing), Shaman, Mage, Wizard
Playing the Enchanter mainly for crowd control, mana regen and charm.
Im wanting to start doing old world raids like Naggy, Vox, Phinny and the planes at lvl 52 with 100% AA and then progress from there.
Will this group setup be able to do these old world raids and planes without much issue? and also progress into newer expansions fine?
If not what group setup would be better suited to do them?
Thanks!

Wanted to get some input on this group setup: Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter (main toon im playing), Shaman, Mage, Wizard
Playing the Enchanter mainly for crowd control, mana regen and charm.
Im wanting to start doing old world raids like Naggy, Vox, Phinny and the planes at lvl 52 with 100% AA and then progress from there.
Will this group setup be able to do these old world raids and planes without much issue? and also progress into newer expansions fine?
If not what group setup would be better suited to do them?
Thanks!
looks like a fun team!

you have the bases (Tank, Healer, CC) Covered, and your CC compliments your dps well - so i think you're gtg

some might suggest sk instead of war, and maybe dropping down to 1 healer and throwing in another dps

but i think you're off to a great start

Melee DPS tends to be more reliable because of resists. The mage pet helps, but melee DPS at low levels is still going to beat out caster DPS typically.

Because of what you’re seeking to do, I actually like the choice to go with a warrior. I’m a SK guy through and through, but given your desires I think warrior is best. I also really like you’ve gone with the strongest of the trinity in there respective areas... warrior (raid tanking), cleric (raid/group healing) and chanter (mana regen/cc). I think you’d be best off dropping the shaman in favor of another dps class, but honestly the shaman might come in handy situationally as a secondary healer. Your choice, really.

Regarding your choice of dps, I’d say you have a good start. I agree that early on melee dps might work better due to spell resists, but that’s also what chanter (tash) and mage (malo) should be helping to overcome. I probably wouldn’t worry much about it. For the final slot (if you drop the shaman) and given your desire to work your way through old world raids, I’d maybe consider (I can’t believe I’m saying this) a necro. Necros bring you another high quality pet, DoTs that are notably effective against old world raid mobs, FD, and rez (if you wipe or your cleric dies).

If you prefer a second healer, a Druid might be a good choice, too. You get healing (albeit a lot weaker than the cleric), adps, dps through nukes and dots, and more ports.

I think those are your two best options and have the most synergy with your chosen trinity. If neither of those work for you, look into a beastlord.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I may redo my team and focus more on melee dps instead because of spells resists like you guys said. On top of that the less spell casters I have the less time I have to spend buying and equiping spells every 5 lvls or so.

Thanks for the suggestions. I may redo my team and focus more on melee dps instead because of spells resists like you guys said. On top of that the less spell casters I have the less time I have to spend buying and equiping spells every 5 lvls or so.

I'd most likely try and outlevel old-world raids by 5 levels before trying them. Doing them on level may be doable (I was doing Western Wastes 'raid' tier dragons on level with a bit of preparation) but I've not seen particularly good guidance on optimal levels in old-world and before-modern-era content.

If you're min-maxing:
I would most likely try and replace the Shaman with another magicka DPS in that group. Shaman I think will be a decent switch hitter, but unsure they'd make up for raw DPS. I think magicka debuffs will most likely help. In the melee case you'll want to deck out in appropriate defiant gear for the level, full set, and get the rest of your gear from teek quests and the non-visible vendor in PoK. This gear, from what I've found, is now optimal through Secrets of Faydwer.

Please let us know how these raids go and I'll add it to my Progression guide. I've not found particularly good information on the 'minimum' levels you can 6-box raids with out-of-era gear.

Yea im either going with what you suggested Lamah War, Clr, Enc, Mag, Mag, Wiz or War, Clr, Bard, Bst, Ber, Ber
if I go the more melee dps route with the Berserkers can I run them fine without the Berzerker Plugin that I hear people talking about? I'll eventually buy it but cant atm.
I would be controlling the bard in the melee dps group.

You can build a KA ini that replicates the plugin's strat or try IHC's berzerker macro for free. The plugin used IHC's macro as a stating point. As knightly said, the mq2berserker plugin requires no setup though can you customize some settings if you want and it runs very, very fast so you get great DPS.

I've tried all three and definitely recommend the plugin, particularly if you're running a multi-berserker setup.

Question - Group Setup for Old World Raids and Beyond

Users who are viewing this thread

Back