• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - group needs more dps (1 Viewer)

RedCents
38¢
my group is right on the ragged edge for doing the HaF Mission.. (that my assumption at least will my failure rate)125 sk, 125 zerker, 125 necro, 125 rogue, 125 mage and 125 shm. Theyre all group geared with the drops from Final Fugue. Where would be a good place to tweak the line up? Do I add another necro? Do I drop the necro and add a zerker? What suggestions do you have?

Your group synergy is all over the place
tank = shd
melee = ber, rog
caster = nec, mag
adps = shm (good for melee and mag, not so good for nec) does your shaman dot/nuke between heals ?

personally would drop the rog or ber and either add a bard or another mage.
or drop the nec, rog add brd,bst

But this depends on where in HaF you are struggling ?

what's your exact problem with HaF, maybe that is easier to get around. Your DPS should be plenty, provided AAs.

Blob: I do a mini burn there on SK, to make sure no adds pop
Spider: dps does not really matter much, can either do spider adds or eggs, all in your own time
Lich: I hit burn there, please no mummy
Shalowain: ok...

Barbarian campfire helps

my group is right on the ragged edge for doing the HaF Mission.. (that my assumption at least will my failure rate)125 sk, 125 zerker, 125 necro, 125 rogue, 125 mage and 125 shm. Theyre all group geared with the drops from Final Fugue. Where would be a good place to tweak the line up? Do I add another necro? Do I drop the necro and add a zerker? What suggestions do you have?
I doubt your issue is DPS and is more likely strategy related.

Pre-move toons to where blob spawns, start mission, have a hot key for them to start attacking while you run to the blob and autoinv the item given at the beginning.
When blob dies, do same thing with Spider; meaning attack before it becomes "live" go through it's bs warping to buildings, always kill the widow add before the spider.
Have a hotkey to target lich and run group to and attack it for constant smashing, also, I would burn at this point to avoid getting a mummy.
When Shalowain spawns, stay away from her with all toons until AFTER she emotes (about 10-11 seconds depending on your lag)
Once she emotes, run to a corner of the immediate area, she arrives, beat on her until you see the auras getting close, then run to next corner +1, rinse repeat until she's dead

I doubt your issue is DPS and is more likely strategy related.

Pre-move toons to where blob spawns, start mission, have a hot key for them to start attacking while you run to the blob and autoinv the item given at the beginning.
When blob dies, do same thing with Spider; meaning attack before it becomes "live" go through it's bs warping to buildings, always kill the widow add before the spider.
Have a hotkey to target lich and run group to and attack it for constant smashing, also, I would burn at this point to avoid getting a mummy.
When Shalowain spawns, stay away from her with all toons until AFTER she emotes (about 10-11 seconds depending on your lag)
Once she emotes, run to a corner of the immediate area, she arrives, beat on her until you see the auras getting close, then run to next corner +1, rinse repeat until she's dead
As others have said, the only real DPS checks on that mission are getting past the blob before the AE, and getting Lich down without a mummy. Are one or both of those your problem? When are you triggering your burns? Are your casters in a place where they have good LoS for Lich moves? Is your shaman keeping Cheetah on everyone, especially your melee DPS to reduce chase time on Lich phase? Are you using medium or large illusions or the barbarian campfire to reduce the chance of getting stuck while chasing Lich? Does your mesh allow quick pathing with some hop overs or is everyone pathing all over the place while chasing Lich and losing DPS?

I'm getting multiple mummies but eventually get through them. I have been casting grow with my shaman before the mission starts. I'm pretty solid on aa's with melee but not quite maxed on the others (but have all focus maxed) I'm using the Mlem that was created for the mission. The mesh I have is the default for vv. Shalowain's notes eventually catch up and I cant heal up before the next one blows.

I'm getting multiple mummies but eventually get through them. I have been casting grow with my shaman before the mission starts. I'm pretty solid on aa's with melee but not quite maxed on the others (but have all focus maxed) I'm using the Mlem that was created for the mission. The mesh I have is the default for vv. Shalowain's notes eventually catch up and I cant heal up before the next one blows.
I'd focus on maximizing your burns to get through Lich without having to deal with mummies. If you're getting to Shalowein and still being blown up by notes, you may want to try another LEM as it sounds like the one you have maybe isn't working properly for your setup. There's at least 3 floating around in different threads.

That group can get the job done.
  • Do your SHM and SK have epics?
  • Are you using tributes and trophies?
  • All pets have full sets of mage summoned gear?
  • Might want to use an empowered campfire too.
You can mitigate low DPS by double stacking heals. Drop the weak link to make room for a merc healer, to backup up your SHM heals.

If you can heal through the slime dot, then finish slime boss, then miniblob then spider. You have enough pets to kill the egg sacs, make sure to have a backup key for /tar egg sacs;/pet attack sometimes the automations don't switch off the spider correctly. The final hurdle will be getting a mummy from the lich, 1 mummy can be tanked simultaneously while fighting Shalo, mummies despawn when Shalo dies. If your can't kill the lich fast enough and have more than than 1 mummy spawn, then work the DPS angle harder.

Generally speaking, you would want to compose groups to maximize ADPS buffs... some epics and ADPS buffs help melee more than casters, and visa versa. A mixed caster/melee group compromises some of that benefit.

Are you killing the mummy's before the Lich? If so just ignore them and get agro. You should have enough DPS to get it done I'm running a similar group with a bard instead of the necro all free to play minus the SK. I have had the best success running the lem on sic's video, using the barbarian campfire and kiting shalo around while I burn.

Question - group needs more dps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back