• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group level for xp and AA? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,195¢
I remember there used to be a formula for grouping to still get p with someone higher level than you. So I have a 67 grouped with an 86, I am getting xp just fine, the 86 is getting nothing (which is perfect). But I switched to AA just to get a few, mana regen is killing me. and I still am getting normal XP, even though AA is 100%. Is this due to level difference or because the 86 is not getting xp? I don;t remember what rules existed or still are.

it is max 30 spread - highest person has to be able to get xp for the lower one to get it

I responded to you on discord asking you about it, but crickets

not being able to get aaxp sounds like you are not all access

it is max 30 spread - highest person has to be able to get xp for the lower one to get it

I responded to you on discord asking you about it, but crickets

not being able to get aaxp sounds like you are not all access
Thanks Sic, sorry I missed it. I shoulda looked there before posting, you're good, cause I asked in Discord like 2 hours or more ago, I didn't wanna spam my question so I waited a bit. Appreciate the reply, I just saw it !
Based on that, I should switch to a level 100 as soon as I hit 70, for normal xp. But if I want AA, stay with the 86. Correct?

there's a max amount of xp you can get from a single mob - but your goal is kills per hour of at least dark blue - so if you can get your PL toon more stable kills per hour (translated into xp per hour) you should go with whatever method that looks like - since it sounds like you're trying to PL.

with autogrant, I would just let autogrant handle aaxp until you're in modern game

Don't forget to kick in the "grey to highest level" formula

regular xp is earned based upon con of mob to the lower toon (red, yellow, white, dk blue, lt blue, green)
aa xp is earned based upon con of mob to the higher toon ... if the mob is gray to the higher toon, no aa xp will be earned

Ya. if u r not getting aa exp with the 86 and its within your lv for xp spread, there could be a few things.

one.. u might be ftp. which allows u a max of 250 aas before u can no longer get xp.
two... you are silver which will allow u a max of 1000 aas before it will block further advancement in aas.

keeping in mind that spread sheet above. its your lv x 1.5 max level difference between toons for xp. ( max of 30 levels )

If you are subbed, There should be no issues with xp but as Sic already said, if u r subbed, let the auto grant do its job. work on reg xp. there r options for fast aa work down the road. example might be running a lv 100-110 in vex thall in a group with 120's . I got 4-5 aas per kill. that does disappear at 111 tho, so use it with that in mind. I capped my 240 aas, spent a ton on things, capped again. the toon got probably over 1k aas in a few hours. I probably dont kill quite as fast as these guys tho heh.

LoD.. this is your friend but it still follows traditional XP rules. example being, if u r getting 4+ aas/ kill. don't burn LoD lol. i did this. it went up to 5.. so was a complete waste of time lol. It will, however, work for reg xp quite nicely, like always.

Ohh. ya, forgot about that grey to higher lv toon thing for powerlevelling aas. Redmonkey = right. Look for something your higher lv toon can swarm. it will be slightly lower aas/kill overall but significantly faster overall xp.

There are tons of tricks to this for powerlevelling. I like using clerics shining line on the guy doing the swarming. keeps them nicely healed. tons of other options available too. like nice DS :) ( If im using DS, i pull mobs that dont summon. less chance of a whoops occurring

Best of Luck, hope you figure it out.

ZD

Question - Group level for xp and AA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back