• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - group configuration (1 Viewer)

rjlopezcag

RedCents
26¢
I've been 6 boxing with a 110 team: ranger (main); 2 beasts; Pally; cleric; chanty

All have max AAs and RoS group cultural armor. EoK rare non-vis and EoK rare weapons.

I've been raising another Beast (he's at 107) now. I'm having trouble getting enough DPS for RoS progression missions. What do you guys think if I took out the Pally and put in the 3rd beast once he's 110?

I think my DPS will be higher and my ranger or the pets can tank. Ranger has 5200 AC when fully buffed.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Well, even with 5200 AC a ranger isn't a proper tank...
If your Pal is equally equipped she should have more than that, plus more survivability. even though Pal isn't my type, i'm more of a SK/War tank type...

To be fully honest, 3 toons in your team i would change. 2 if i were to keep the Pal as tank...
So i'd go : Tank, Cleric, Chanter, and better DPS. Wiz, Zerker comes to mind as first choices.

Thanks for the comments. The ranger is my main so I gotta keep him.

I had read that using multiple beasts adds a lot of dps due to the 101 spell venomous alliance which can proc for 2mil damage if the mob has 2 or more beasts dots on him.

Plus just from initial experiments it does seem I have more dps with 3 beasts. Another thing I might do is take out the chanty and reinsert the Pally for those RoS group tasks since the mobs are not mezzable.

Zerkers get that too. Ranger tank cleric chanter zerk zerk. Or war cleric rng zerk zerk zerk. Boom shit falls to pieces in front of u. I call it ginsu. Can replace a zerk with cc if ur war is not good, travel is a concern tho... but its fun to watch

most DPS classes get the Alliance now. Rogues, Wiz, Zerk, and so on.
Ranger being your main doesn't change the fact that he's not a TANK, if you have to keep him, he's not a bad DPS ( better at melee than distance, remember that...) and he's a good puller, now with bluster and fluster, harmonious arrow...

Question - group configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

Back