• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group Comp Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Ycewind

RedCents
20¢
Hey guys, returning player here playing on live. I can't seem to decide whether cleric/beast or shaman/mage is the better choice to add to my current setup which is pal/bard/ranger/zerker. I'm currently just grinding AAs and running GMM missions, but I'm planning to do EoK/RoS/TBL progressions in the near future. Suggestions?

I'd say cleric personally, if that means it comes with a bst then so be it. Though don't throw away the idea of having two or more of the same class while you're digging through the bucket. @Sic would have information on the beastlord as I don't have one to give any knowledge on their effectiveness, but he swears by it in his group.

My SHM usually wins the heal parse in my group. He can handle healing solo just fine, although I haven't tested him with TBL named's yet.

Something to consider - my bard has struggled at times mezzing in TBL due to resists. My chanter never had trouble, partly due to better resist adjusts on mez but also tash. I don’t know anything about bst (I’m currently leveling one up to learn), but do they have a form of resist debuff? Mage brings malo.

Something to consider - my bard has struggled at times mezzing in TBL due to resists. My chanter never had trouble, partly due to better resist adjusts on mez but also tash. I don’t know anything about bst (I’m currently leveling one up to learn), but do they have a form of resist debuff? Mage brings malo.
BL does not have a resist debuff, Debuff they get is a combat proc Darkened Journeyman's Walking Stick

Good list of various click items

For that group I would personally add shaman and a beastlord. The synergy plays well into your melee dps, and I personally would not blink at the “but shaman and beastlord overlap” concerns. Beastlords bring incredible buffs thru paragon and ferocity while offering very solid dps. I would suggest equipping the beastlord with heal proc weapons to help HToT on the Paladin.

This group would be very effective at fighting TBL names which have obnoxious aoe effects.

Paladin - Cleric Light aegolism, Brells, heal aura, HToT heals and group heals

Shaman - Roar, Melee buffs, reckless healing, slow, and swells

Bard - melee adps + mez, I’d personally equip with HToT weapons as this groups biggest “weakness” is single target heals although reckless is nothin to scoff at

Ranger - dps + auspice + buffs along with headshot

Berserker - dps + crit aura

Beastlord - dps + paragons + ferocity, again I would equip this toon with HToT weapons to assist in tank healing

Overall I think this would be an incredibly versatile and powerful group.

I run my Pal group with a shaman healer (Pal/Shm/Brd/Zerk/Rng/Wiz). They pair well as Pal gives you cleric style hp buffs, gives you a second battle-rezzer and a Pal's powerful self heals can make it easier for Sham in tough fights. Rng can be setup as your backup healer, which is one of the roles I have my Bst fill in their group.

Malo

Both Shm and Mage get the same Malo line of debuffs. They get an AA version, AE version and also have an un-resistable lower level spell version. You can run these in DPS as debuffall |malo lines and KA will prioritize getting malo on every mob in camp. At higher levels, both classes also have a combo DPS/Malo spell that you can run early in the DPS sequence to get the debuff on without losing damage.

Idol of Malos is a lesser used Sham spell that creates an AE totem in camp that casts Malo debuff (-40 saves) on all nearby mobs. I find this super helpful for bard groups. You need to watch when you're running this at some camps though, the totem will aggro any nearby mobs including mobs above/below you on the z-axis.

DPS1=Idol of Malos|99|Once

Cleric is definitely the most versatile healer with the best insta-saves, but Sham does add more to a melee focused group. Clerics also have the best battle-rez in game, but if you have 2 rezzers in group that isn't as important.

Bst's buffs are basicly the same as Shm, though you miss out on the extra stuff from Shm's focus (+11% avoidance is a big one.) Bst's big contributions are a pet for back-up tank and full-group weapon delay reduction (haste v4) via their Dicho/Diss buff.

Question - Group Comp Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back