• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Group Choices!! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
18¢
Okay, Currently I am running a 97 Warrior and 97 Cleric, mostly play the Warrior and run the Cleric with EQBC commands.
I raid on the War / Cleric is the reason I don't just Kissassist one of them..
My DPS is horrid as you can Imagine,Single Pulls are slow, and CC is non existent. So looking to expand by one maybe two toon's."Can run a Max of 4 atm"

Choice's that I have..
Acc-1 97 Shaman / 91 Druid
Acc-2 100 Bard / 94 Wiz
Acc-3 96 Bst
Willing to do a Heroic Character and Level it up on any account.

3rd / 4th Character's will only be for Group content.. I am looking to make pulls faster / Slow's and possibly CC..
Need something I can run with Kissassist and isn't blatenly Obvious that I am using MacroQuest because I group with Guildies alot and not yet sure their stance on it.

On too the Question....

What would you all recommend to put with the 2 I run?

I run war/shm/clr and with mercs i can do pretty much anything i want. If you can't do mercs cause you're not gold then probably put in 2 more DPS oriented class. I group with people all the time with 2 or 3 its really hard to know if someone is botting because i just say i use isboxer, which is entirely feasible, could actualy do crazy stuff with isboxer. For the 4th i would add the wizzy for manual burns, only problem i have with mercs is I can't put them higher than burn and its not fast enough.

I run war + cleric + chanter + wiz + wiz + wiz at the moment. Things die in short order. The wiz mercs do tremendous damage with the chanter. Mezzing = cast one spell, not worry about positioning of your toon etc. Bards are great for a high melee group, but the warrior and cleric are already eating two spots of your group and melee mercs I find are lacking.

So if I had to add a single class to that makeup? I'd add chanter.

War + wiz merc
Cleric + wiz merc
Chanter + wiz merc.

Nothing really in the group game you can't take with this team.

Thank you all for the Reply's and info, I might try a Chanter, going to run War / Shm / Clr till 100 then I'll lvl the Chanter when I'm not doing stuff my warrior / cleric need.
it will catch up eventually lol on the other hand I might get one to 90 and decide it's for me and Lvl it asap lol

Would have to second Pussyfoot's reply. I run a very similar group (Pal/Cle/Enc/Wiz/Wiz/Wiz). I used to run multiple Mages in a different group configuration but they just don't hold a candle to a Wizard, particular while using Kissassist to pilot them.

I don't always recommend this but a monk would be a good addition with a shaman/war/CLR group just to take advantage of chain pulling. But anyone who knew you are boxing all would think it is suspicious. Casters are less suspect. If you used weaves and isboxer you'd be 4 boxing casters all day long. So War/CLR is basically no DPS... Add two wizards and your set. A wiz and a bard or enchanter would be my choice. I prefer CC some where in there and I hear shamans take a ton of work to get them usable.

I run a 6 box comp war - enc - clr - mag - wiz - brd have everything I could want aside from a back up healer

Hey there,

What level are these toons? Have you found a need to have a backup healer? I am looking to change up my group to one very similar to this one.

Cheers,

MNKenr

Question - Group Choices!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back