• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group Advice (1 Viewer)

ludwigd

RedCents
530¢
Hello,

For a new group, what is better?

Sk - Cleric - Chanter - Berz - Berz - Berz
or
Sk - Cleric - Chanter - Ranger - Ranger - Ranger

Do bard affect ranged DPS for ranger like it does for melee?

Thank you.

Hello,

or
Sk - Cleric - Chanter - Ranger - Ranger - Ranger

Thank you.
most important - enjoy your group
second important - have your bases covered (real tank, real healer, real cc)
advanced important / preference - match cc with dps --- ench for casters, bard for melee ( --- having said that, some people prefer the CC toolbox of enchanters and don't mind losing some adps for some extra safety --- )
more advanced - understand synergy and what toons give/take

in your example, I would do sk, cleric, bard, zerk, zerk, zerk - the dps from 3 zerk and synergy is going to be nerf-worthy. having said that i usually do 2 zerks and 1bst for my melee groups --- with the adps and sustain utility from the bst i end up zero downtime and can go forever

And what about monk or berserker? How is DPS compared to other?
Is it better to mix class or have 3 same class?

I prefer enchanter cause i dont like the song system. Do i have to go mage or wizard so?

And what about monk or berserker? How is DPS compared to other?
Is it better to mix class or have 3 same class?

I prefer enchanter cause i dont like the song system. Do i have to go mage or wizard so?
depends if you want to use alliance (which requires multiple of the same class in many cases), and what synergy you want to compliment everyone.

Zerkers you *can* trigger alliance with 2 of them, just not reliably (tho with my 2 zerkers i keep forcealliance on), with 3 zerkers they can use alliance and do really dumb damage

some folks don't like duplicate classes because of nostalgia reasons - way back in the day would be silly to have multiples of the same (in many cases) - but the game is very different these days due to how synergy and alliance and such works

@Sic I was always curious about the
Tank, cleric, bard, zerk, zerk, zerk
Group, don't you need a slow? Or is the cleric good enough to heal through it?
well - modern tank belts have a little slow on them, but i run 2zerk and bst, so i have bst slow if i want it. having said that - when mobs die in sub20 seconds, don't really have the need to slow anything lol

most important - enjoy your group

This is the best advice. I feel some people get a little too obsessed with min maxing and finding the "optimum" makeup. As long as you have the tank/heal/CC/DPS covered, go for what you enjoy over filling the ranks with zerkers. My current team is Sk Cleric Chanter Ranger Ranger Ranger and I'm having a blast.

Hello,

or
Sk - Cleric - Chanter - RangerDead - RangerDead - RangerDead

Thank you.
FTFY.
Bard stuff has some benefit for Rangers, but anything that says "adds XX damage to melee hits" do not work for ranger's bow attacks. The ranger would need to actually melee mobs to get the full benefit from bard buffs.

Question - Group Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back