• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Greetings again, Boxing 3 Accounts & 3 Mercs ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
126¢
I received awesome advice and help on the last question, so I read through a few more posts and have came up with another one. Will the system work with Three Accounts and each of those accounts pop a merc . I realize i will not be winning any DPS races and that Merc are weaker over all . but casual grinding 3 accounts and 3 mercs ?

6 accounts is the way to go. Trust me, I didn't believe it at first, too. However, it is entirely possible to run mercs, depending on your automation either in auto mode, or even controlled by the automation.

Last edited:
While it is definitely doable, I am almost 100% certain you will regret not just playing 6 accounts as soon as possible.
When I first started out I was also relying on mercs, and it was mainly down to a strange kind of fear/anxiety and feeling overwhelmed by all the possibilities of this wonderful software -- I 100% regret not just going straight to 6 accounts. Truthfully; you don't need a perfect understanding of each class, EQ, redguides or whatever to start playing a full group, just take a bunch of tiny steps and enjoy the journey! You don't need to write complicated inis, luas or macros to have some kind of perfectly optimized play from day 1. Even if the learning curve might seem slightly steeper, the reward long term is substantially higher!

Thanks for the fast reply as well as the confirmation that it will work, As to a_moss_snake and Willard J85. I will investigate further on a full 6 boxed crew. The wife will most likely not go for the 3 more account price tag. Wondering if I would need a new question or a follow on question . Will try the follow on . Would 3 Free to Play toons be better the 3 mercs . I know I will me limited on expansions but for grinding out the AA's ad such.

Again Thanks for all the help.

In my opinion - 3 FTP accounts will outperform mercs even with the limited AA.

In my experience mercs fall off super hard around 85ish. Especially tank mercs, but also true for DPS mercs.

You can easily set up 3 FTP accounts ( 0 investment aside from time) - build out some DPS'ers that require limited investment such as mages. And when / if you ever get the extra plats - you can krono for a free AA boost at higher levels. Or if you get some allowance one month - buy a krono or 2.

just my 2 coppers.

ive had good luck using the healer merc as the main healer while manually alt-tab boxing three acounts. When running manually ive macro'd the sham to debuff and dot and leave healing to the merc. Hoever having a max aa sham take over with the ctwn plugin in hybrid mode ... heals just as well/better than the merc and adds the whole dps/debuff/etc. Two for one space.

while automated if in an area where three toons will do i dont pay the price for the merc, just run the three.

Question - Greetings again, Boxing 3 Accounts & 3 Mercs ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back