• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Good 3 box combo? (1 Viewer)

Gnomesrule

RedCents
What do you guys think is a better combo to 3 box with.
70 Warrior
70 Cleric
Rogue (Leveling up now currently lvl 55)

or

70 Warrior
Shaman (Leveling one up from level 10 now during the double exp)
Rogue

or
70 Warrior
70 Cleric
Shaman

Depends what you want to do, if you want to take out targets that require a warrior tank then war/clr are mandatory and shm or bl or enchanter for a third character just for slow

If you don't care about major targets then leather tank will work, BL+clr+necro would be the best trio in versatility.

Personally, I would throw in a snarer. Get a wizzy for snare, port and dps. Although for the longest time my husband and I ran a Warrior, Cleric, Druid. Not so good on the dps though.

Well, I am able to 8 Box ( SHD, CLR, SHM, SHM, ROG, WIZ, NECRO, DRU) - Trying to replace one of my SHM with a BST or ENCH. If I had to just pick three toons ---- SHD (13k BUFFED), SHM (QVIC GEAR) and a CLR (At least 8k Mana) ---- I always love to throw my ROG in there or my WIZ for extra DPS. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!

I do use a shammy cleric monk and sometimes and a rogue, and clear the whole VT except the Blobs, where i call a friend to grab another monk rogue ranger and sometimes a cleric, blobbs takes so long, for the illsalin camp i would use war cler sham monk, but i havent a war acc yet.

At the moment i clear that camp with Monk / cler / sham / Rogue, but its hard by that way

I use war, sham, wiz. Works well except where major healing is needed or more than one add comes. (I use root pants alot for adds) I have no problem at all farming WOS semi rares for runes and items to the tune of 70-100K a day. (Generally ask guild/allies then OOC the tier one drops) And they seem to be coming alot more often lately.
War has a combination of tier 1 and GM armor on with under 10K unbuffed hps, Wiz is lower lvl at 68 with mainly pop lower end stuff a cpl tier 1 pieces (>6K mana), shammy is tier 1, gm, and ornate (6.2k mana). All have 300+ AAs though.

If I were to start over I would probably try war, chanter, druid

If you want to keep a WAR as a tank and desire a ROG as your DPS, I'd say bail the CLR and go SHM. The SHM can slow and heal. If you want to keep your CLR then you might consider a ENC for slows, haste, some DPS (I think - I've never played an ENC), and great CC. Or go WIZ which gives great DPS and party teleportation.

The problem is having a CLR and a SHM - too much skill overlap. I guess the SHM could slow, haste, and DPS while CLR did all healing.

Another way to go would be adding a NEC to your WAR/CLR. Great DPS thru DOTs so aggro can be better managed. Plus the NEC can cast FD if he does steal aggro. NEC can also help out CLR mana. NECs are great soloers which would help getting him to within grouping level of others.

Another thing to consider is if you are in love with the CLR buffs, you are almost always assured being able to pick those up in PoK.

Just a few of the first things that came to mind.

Just so you know where I'm comming from - I have been running a MNK and a SHM for a short while and have just recently added a third account. I decided to go with a WIZ. Thanks to the 2x XP weekend I got the WIZ to level 10 in about 20 min. Ya gotta love Temp & a good DS in Gloomdeep. :D

EDIT: Holy poopie! :eek: I just realized it took me 18 months to make my first post! Better late than never. :p

The 3 box that works best for me (rare that I only 3 box, more often 5) is Sham (slow, some dps, pet dps, some heal, buffs) add in SK (snare wep, dps, get/keep agro, stun) then invite Cleric (heal, stun, root, some nuke, buffs, rez). Each of these classes does more than that but these are the ones I find I need. To drop mobs a lot faster I add in ROG and Wiz.

Well that is my 8.3 cents worth anyway.

Lady_Of)Old

PS please I want to be SHYGAL

Last edited:
depends on if you have buffs available.

Cleric and Shaman buffs are a good set for melee, but you have no mana regen. Cleric/ENC adds mana regen, but you lose DPS.

If you have access to outside buffs, your possibilities are many.

Well I ended up doing a Warrior, Cleric, Shaman. With the shaman on the same account as the rogue. I got the shaman up to level 42 on Saturday, Sunday and some of monday. Unfortaintly wasnt able to play on the tuesday last day of the double exp bonus.

What level can the shaman realisticly starting using the shaman macros on this site and in the VIP section of Macroquest website?

I use druid / enchanter / warrior.

The warrior and enchanter are still pretty gimp, so it's difficult.

Taking donations... Or recommendations for easy places to 3-box with an 8k/1400ac tank.

Good 3 box combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back