• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

glowing mobs (1 Viewer)

bartab

RedCents
is there a way to see if a mob is glowing without being next to it ?
actually there are several quests where you need a drop from a glowing mob, I think about the coldain shawl with the wurms, but what interest me right now is the power source that apparently drops from a glowing protector of Zek.
I'd like to be able to set up a toon in Kael, launch a macro on the Zek protectors to see if any of them glow.
is that possible ?

edit : just saw that in the MQ2 spawn attributes :
Light Name of the light class this spawn has
has anyone used this and think it could apply to this case ?

"Glowing" meaning mobs that emit light in a certain circle around them. Like a player would when they're carrying a greater lightstone or such. Mobs like fire beetles , wisps etc usually glow but other mobs can do it too.

I know that there is a way to see this as MYSeq can track it. I've used ShowEQ in the past to track the glowing worms as part of the shawl quest so I can't see why it couldn't still be tracked.

Run it will spit out the name of a mob with a light source in zone.

Rich (BB code):
#turbo

Sub Main

/declare TotalMobs int local
/declare mobloop int local
/varcalc TotalMobs ${SpawnCount}

/for mobloop 1 to ${TotalMobs}
  /if (${LastSpawn[${mobloop}].Light.NotEqual[NONE]}) /echo ${LastSpawn[${mobloop}]} - ${LastSpawn[${mobloop}].Light}
/next mobloop

/return

ty for this macro, I ran it in Kael and had 2 hints, don't remember the name exactly of the mobs.

the thing is that ${LastSpawn[${mobloop}].Light} gave me 2 differents strings, TS and TGS or something.

does someone know what it corresponds to, I dont see any reference to possible hints in MQ2 readme ?

The only thing it says is "Name of the light class this spawn has " without giving more precisions.
the Appendix F mentions that it's possible to search spawns by this Light thing (light lightname )
any ideas ?

This array makes a nice reference for the curious...

PCHAR szLights[] = {
"NONE", // 0 - No light
"CDL", // 1 - Candle
"TR", // 2 - Torch
"TGS", // 3 - Tiny Glowing Skull
"SL", // 4 - Small Lantern
"SoM", // 5 - Stein of Moggok
"LL", // 6 - Large Lantern
"FL", // 7 - Flameless lantern, Halo of Light
"GOS", // 8 - Globe of stars
"LG", // 9 - Light Globe
"LS", // 10 - Lightstone, Burnt-out lightstone, wispstone
"GLS", // 11 - Greater lightstone
"FBE", // 12 - Fire Beatle Eye, Firefly Globe
"CL" // 13 - Coldlight
};

Note: The actual source of light on the mob is probably not the item listed above. These are just base light levels. Many items are exactly as bright as a Lightstone.

-piggy

glowing mobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back