• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - Getting Started on the Test Server (1 Viewer)

RedCents
422¢
naamloseeen submitted a new resource:

Getting Started on the - How to get started on the Test Server

I've seen a few have questions on how to get going on the Test Server, so I thought I'd put together a quick guide to playing on Test.

NOTE: You'll sometimes see people say that using MQ on Test is safer than using it on live. This is not true. There is a smaller population base, so you have less chance of getting seen and reported, but you absolutely can get suspended and banned from Test just like you can on Live.

About the test...

Read more about this resource...

Hey Naam,

I am probably one of the few questions you had on test server :), Thank alot for the quick guide on the topic I have learn a bunch of new things in that guide.

Keep up the good work :) Redguide community is by far one of the best I have seen in many years.

Nice write up. I have never explored the Test server option. I am curious. In addition to all accounts on Test being gold, are No Trade items tradable?

Nice write up. I have never explored the Test server option. I am curious. In addition to all accounts on Test being gold, are No Trade items tradable?
no trade items are still no trade ... but a lot of test players will build copykits on FV make there toons on fv than testcopy them to level on test .. rinse wash repeat with that same copykit as many times as you like. if you dont wanna build your own kit, there are a few folks who will give you a copy for a fee the testborn player who does it charges a couple krono iirc

test = best

no trade items are still no trade ... but a lot of test players will build copykits on FV make there toons on fv than testcopy them to level on test .. rinse wash repeat with that same copykit as many times as you like. if you dont wanna build your own kit, there are a few folks who will give you a copy for a fee the testborn player who does it charges a couple krono iirc

test = best
Thats what I did. I purchased a ton of stuff on FV and then swapped them between toons then /testcopy them it really helps when you do sets of gear for levels. I went crazy and got stuff for 40-60-80-90-100-105-110 it was super time consuming but once I started on test I had 0 worries. I also made sure to copy all the money on me on each toon too. That helped me stack up quite a few million plat on test.

one thing i did learn is after you hand a new character the bags of gear, make sure you zone or camp out and back in. you need to create a character save somehow otherwise it wont switch them over with the gear.

one thing i did learn is after you hand a new character the bags of gear, make sure you zone or camp out and back in. you need to create a character save somehow otherwise it wont switch them over with the gear.
I learned this early on, too. However I learned a bit later that this zoning or logging out/in wasn't necessary.

Just take a bag from inventory, put it in the bank, and take it back out and back in inventory. Boom, save.

Saved me TONS of time with test kits.

I learned this early on, too. However I learned a bit later that this zoning or logging out/in wasn't necessary.

Just take a bag from inventory, put it in the bank, and take it back out and back in inventory. Boom, save.

Saved me TONS of time with test kits.
I tried that and it never worked for me. but ill give it a shot again here soon

Good write up, I wondered about the suspend/ban issue on test, too. Haven't seen it as much of an issue, most test zones are pretty empty, unless you roll into GH or PoK with 12+ toons, that seems to rile folks. FM and Overthere also seem like no-no zones for 6+ boxing unless you're away from popular camps.

Guide - Getting Started on the Test Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back