• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Getting all mission challenges on HaF (1 Viewer)

RedCents
812¢
I run a team with War main/enc/wiz/mage/rog/sham all max AAs and 125. I can blow through the misisson in LS, but I can't get the HaF challenges due to lack of pet support. I am thinking of rolling some pet classes just to replace the enc/wiz/rog for this mission and using my free 100 boost. I am thinking of all three being the same class and using Alliance. Would you suggest 3 BST or 3 NEC, or add 3 more Mag? I'm leaning BST since I've never done one. I use all CWTN classes and run the LS HaF script. This is not for regular grouping, just to beat this mission and level my neck progression.

Thanks

Presume you are missing the eggs?
Grazy idea: thought about pulling the queen in the one of the egg-spawn area and placing a DPS each in one of the other egg-spawn aera, in order to assure, that at any given potential spawn point of the egg, you will have at least one Char close to the spawned egg when the net's appear together with the egg?
If at the egg a DPS can use all it's abilities to fight it, it should be sufficient to destroy it in time.
A guildy of me told he has seen a YouTube of a team doing it this way.
My evening-group had similar problems getting the egg-achivement, but I could help solve it, playing one of my mages instead the usual shm I play with that group.

Presume you are missing the eggs?
Grazy idea: thought about pulling the queen in the one of the egg-spawn area and placing a DPS each in one of the other egg-spawn aera, in order to assure, that at any given potential spawn point of the egg, you will have at least one Char close to the spawned egg when the net's appear together with the egg?
If at the egg a DPS can use all it's abilities to fight it, it should be sufficient to destroy it in time.
A guildy of me told he has seen a YouTube of a team doing it this way.
My evening-group had similar problems getting the egg-achivement, but I could help solve it, playing one of my mages instead the usual shm I play with that group.
Normally when I run the mission as part of a live group we do it this way, have melee dps toons in each room, with the tank and healer in one room. We all stay in those rooms for the entire queen portion. I did find out the wizard and other casters don't really damage the eggs though.

I run a team with War main/enc/wiz/mage/rog/sham all max AAs and 125. I can blow through the misisson in LS, but I can't get the HaF challenges due to lack of pet support. I am thinking of rolling some pet classes just to replace the enc/wiz/rog for this mission and using my free 100 boost. I am thinking of all three being the same class and using Alliance. Would you suggest 3 BST or 3 NEC, or add 3 more Mag? I'm leaning BST since I've never done one. I use all CWTN classes and run the LS HaF script. This is not for regular grouping, just to beat this mission and level my neck progression.
Hot keys!!! Force those pets to target the eggs and attack. You have enough pet power there to do it.

Make sure your mage is equipping the other pets in the group and you’ll have enough to do it at least 50% of the time as long as you react and have hotkeys to send them in.

I do this with a bst and mage. Both bigger than your sha/ench but it’s doable

be sure when you sick your pet on your mage that you are attacking on the mage as well even though you will be out of range ... it will buff your pet as in normal combat etc ... ive done this before and like the sex panther cologne in anchorman it works all the time 60% of the time

oh and do the same on your shm ... it will buff dog dog and do the procs buffs on gruop pets etc as well

Is your mage using remote servant to add swarmpets on egg ? if not there is your problem.
Have remote servant loaded, stand outside web, target egg, cast and place the green circle for remote servant outside the room
Servant spawns and runs in attacking egg

Are you buffing your pets with gear ? e.g giving them at least legs with ferocity on it (I use dimensional warrior greaves/conflagrant warrior legs)
You have to give pets weapons, even shm/ench pets

I am thinking of all three being the same class and using Alliance.
Alliance is a spell and needs to land, if that was possible your wiz/mage would destroy those eggs in 2 casts.
Doubt your alliance idea would work.

Another trick is mage (bolt spells) can hit spider and eggs through the floor if it is one of the top floors, maybe wizard (beams?) too, never tried with a wiz.
So maybe leave mage in one of the lower rooms

That said I do think you have enough pet support
I get the achievement with
sk/shm/bst pets but then I do have a bard that adds procs/dps for pets.

You have enchanter/mage/shm, should theoretically be enough.

Only works in the northwest lower room, if melee dps attacks eggs in other rooms they get ported out.

If you are really set on making another character, make either a mage/ranger
Mage can add pets, ranger can hit 3 of the room eggs from outside the web.

Last edited:
Question - Getting all mission challenges on HaF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back