• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Gearing new toons (1 Viewer)

Forgotmyinfo

RedCents
23¢
Ok, so after searching the forums I found a few things on gearing toons, but nothing that really answered what i'm looking for (if i missed it i apologize). I leveled up a group and am curious about gearing them. When I left if i remember right, people would just get them to the right level and then farm the grounds for gear. I'm wondering though with all the new expansions and buyable gear in the baz, should i go farm them some gear or is it just as easy now to baz gear a group? I also checked the baz just to see, and as i figured, no abstruse / recondite stuff in there lol. Thanks in advance for reading / advising :)

You can run Cotf missions from 85-100 and get all kinds of gear off the vendors. The missions scale with the group and lots of gear options. The max vendor items are level 100. We did a lot of Deadhills HA’s for stuff back in the day. After that Conflagrant gear is player made and works at 106 to 110. Once you get 110 all of the ToV T1 is tradable so you can get that in the bazaar also. Hope that helps some.

Leveling from 1 to 70 I basically just go with whatever the game gives me in the way of defiant gear until I can't handle the content anymore (this actually basically never happens), in which case I might check the bazaar for some particularly good deals for the tank or weapons for melee dps.

At 70, you can buy the Preserving XX gear and equivalent for every slot from Lyndalin Delwadamain in PoTranquility for just a handful of Remnant of Tranquility. You can buy these super cheap on most servers.
CotF HA's has been mentioned above. Gribble and Marla are generally the easiest missions. You run enough of these, you can fill every slot with that gear up to 100.
After CotF stuff you can transition into TBM and gear up there. The auging system for gear was a little weird that expansion, but doesn't take long to figure out. Once you're 100+, they're pretty generous with the currency, so some missions net a lot relative to effort. Again, you can fill every slot this way with decent 105 gear.

After that, you're back on Captin's suggestions, again. Conflagrant gear into ToV T1 if you're going the bazaar route.

Last edited:
So I do what Sum does - i'm worse actually usually wait to 115 these days. However, I have a box make-up I can do this.

Forgot what level is the sk and what are your group goals? From sounds of things probably don't want to skip all gear until 115.

all my higher level guys are 105 (i don’t have the newest expansion so i think the farthest i can go is 110 which i plan on doing soon but i just came back to the game so figured i would ease my way in with a lowbie group (which reminds me, my sk is the only gold, i was thinking of grabbing a krono each for my 105’s just for all the new auto grant aas but i kinda want to get everyone the newest expansion (most of them are sitting around 12-16k aas) would you buy the expansion for 115 and new gear or would you buy kronos first to get them all those free aas and go to 110 and wait a little bit for the expansion ?

all my higher level guys are 105 (i don’t have the newest expansion so i think the farthest i can go is 110 which i plan on doing soon but i just came back to the game so figured i would ease my way in with a lowbie group (which reminds me, my sk is the only gold, i was thinking of grabbing a krono each for my 105’s just for all the new auto grant aas but i kinda want to get everyone the newest expansion (most of them are sitting around 12-16k aas) would you buy the expansion for 115 and new gear or would you buy kronos first to get them all those free aas and go to 110 and wait a little bit for the expansion ?
i personally like lvling to 110, buying the ToV T1 gear from the bazaar, then krono'ing and getting like 60-70% of AAs max for 110 before going to 115

Question - Gearing new toons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back