• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

games that push interdependance (1 Viewer)

deeany

RedCents
why would sony push out another fantasy mmorpg that pushes more of the...

Vanguard will focus heavily on interdependence... --overview mmorpg.com

Hasnt sony learned yet that no matter how long a game stays around that almost everyone only wants to have the best items so that ultimately they can solo easily. Would be nice if a game had more of a template towards independancy, that way grouping would be like the icing on a cake. That way people would want to play more of the characters and more of the game instead of more of the /lfg sitting around laughing at people who are gimps that dont box.

I think some interdependence is okay, as long as it's for the more elite parts of the game and provided that it is not going to totally stop a player from progressing.

There should be some content in it for soloists. No, it shouldn't have the best drops in the game... but yeah, I'm with you on the part that total interdependency is silly, and a bit of a downer for any player who doesn't have 4-8 hours per day to park their butt in front of the computer..

RedLotus said:
I think some interdependence is okay
I agree. Although solo should not be the only apect of the game, there should be a balance, not only for a larger fan base, but also for a more enjoyable game. Look at World of Warcraft, it allows every class, including the healers, to level and gain incredable gear (through PvP) without grouping; but it also supports forty man raids and it has many instances you can go through with a group.

Sorry but I would disagree with that, there is no such thing as balance when the goal for a personal game is to equip YOUR character with YOUR items and YOUR personal time. It then becomes a feeding frenzy on how soon you can get the gear so that other people will drool over YOUR equipment as you solo easily. Nobody really cares about balance since the gear and items that YOU can get actually tips the balance between how you view easy and a hard gaming experiences, the majority of the time.

When was the last time you heard someone complain about balancing issues so that nerfs could be brought on for any certain class so as to make grouping easier? The sole purpose of complaining about balance issues were to bring the classes that are thought of as being deficient to be brought on par BUT sony did the opposite by nerfing rather than raising. There is a good analogy on what has happened with Sony type of "interdependance" games. The story about a mom who was wanting to make soup and all of the little kids said "my favorite soup!!" but one by one each kid complained about one particular vegetable or whatnot. Finally after much consideration, mom ended up with bland water.

Remember this: the more balance is placed as being paramount the more the game will be reduced to one simplified cookie cutter template that will lose any sight for innovation of character abilities and the imagination for diversity. That possiblity will be shut out by the hope for a minimal game geared for limitations. That is why I like the people here at redguides becasue I believe that alot of you think like me or otherwise why then would you try and make the game easier for personal use?

Last edited:
I agree more with deeny on this(sort of). I like how my toons in EQ are different from each other, they each bring a piece of the pie to the table in order to meet a goal.

I like the grouping aspect and the dependecy on others in order to reach a goal. I don't believe in soloing (why would you play a MMORPG to solo?) As for balancing classes yes there should be some balancing where you shouldn't need the holy trinity classes (War,Cleric,Chanter or Shaman)

Of course my opinion is based off of Everquest. Where you can do things to progress w/o that grouping.

games that push interdependance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back