• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Game setting being reset after each VV update ( I think) (1 Viewer)

gawker

RedCents
229¢
I am having issues with Chat colors being reset to default after each VV update. Also see Hide /Show setting going back to default.

I have seen other settings like Auto tribute off and Auto stand change in the past

I have not confirmed this completely but I am pretty sure this is happening when I update VV using the launcher.

Anyone else notice this or have suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Doubt it is the updater. Has being happening frequently when eq detect a corrupt ini file. Which can happen when mutliple clients exit and try to write to the eqclient.ini file. Usually my particle density and such that gets affected.

Ya, I usually camp or exit all 6 characters all at once. I do not have separate eqclient.ini

Thanks for the info.

To separate the eqclient.ini do you have to have complete separate eqgame folder structures? Can you split out just the ini files?

Ya, I usually camp or exit all 6 characters all at once. I do not have separate eqclient.ini

Thanks for the info.

To separate the eqclient.ini do you have to have complete separate eqgame folder structures? Can you split out just the ini files?
That's the brute force solution. Isboxer virtualize the files for each character out of the box. There is also a guide here on RG with a more complex solution for this, but it doesn't require isboxer nor multiple installs.

Problem - Game setting being reset after each VV update ( I think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back