• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - full group draws attention? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
360¢
not sure where to put this post soo...

I came to EQ and launched my old SK/Shaman duo I two boxed the old alt+tab way back in the day for nostalgic reasons recently and quickly got frustrated with alt+tab. I started googling a bit and found my way here thankfully and after the slight learning curve, I fell in love with this software and with EQ all over again. I decided to make my 2 man box a full 6 man group! I Quickly brought up 4 other toons to my level (low 60's at the time) and have since leveled all of them up to the low 80s. I really wish I took the time to stagger the levels looking back as I think all the same level, same guild, in the same zone looks fishy. In my 80's I'm finding running around with 6 people seems to draw attention. I will be in a zone minding my own business with either one, two, or nobody in the zone, and all a sudden get some illusion cast on me or group levitate. A quick 360 of the area shows I am being spied on! After which I nonchalantly gate my casters, potion gate my melee, and either log off or move on on another area. I've since enabled posse and paranoid but still think running around with a full group now that I am getting in the upper half of the levels is a bit too obvious.

Anyone else notice the same? Should I be worried? Should I limit my boxing to only a party of 3 with mercs at a time and level them all separate only bringing them together when absolutely necessary?

I've subbed to one of toons now and bought additional AA's on 2 of the 5 (3 of them are apparently legacy silver accounts so I have yet to hit the 1k max AA) and the purchased of this software now so I do have a little bit of $$ in the game. Would hate to lose it.

Thanks for any advice!

I run full groups everywhere and have no issues yet. I've seen many full groups from the 110 zones and up, obviously on auto for days, they seem to be there still. Don't be paranoid enjoy the New EQ, they way it should be played in the modern age

Truth be told anyone with an IQ over 10 can tell if you are using Macroquest. Just by watching characters and how they interact with the world. Just watching people move on the map is a dead giveaway. Straight line to mob for pulling / etc. I wouldn't worry about it, don't AFK at all, respond to tells, and don't be an asshole. Just enjoy the game, if you get a 7 day suspension, it gives you 7 days to think about if you want to keep at it or use ISBoxer or just not multibox. IMO EQ Live is not an easy process from 1 to 115 without multiboxing and they know this.

never had a issue. go to new FM, new OT, new ST, new EW, new GD, new Kael, new CS, new WW... see groups of 6 there for days, corpses piled 10 foot deep.. Its abused so bad.
Short answer, no. Dont afk and keep map up on driver char to watch for PCs.

Greetings Paxx.. Well I have a group of 6 85 heroic characters that I run around all the time. I am also running a group of Necros (level 13 so far which is a blast.) Now if you are playing paranoid EQ (that is no fun) then run one toon and flag it looking for a group. To me their is no fun playing that way.

As Far as I have seen as long as you play and are mindful of others in the area and not try to hog a camp spot, most folks will not pay you any mind. As long as you are not AFK and working with your group then have fun... As I mentioned before somewhere its like driving. Just about everyone does 5 to 10 miles over the speed limit and as long as you are with the flow of traffic you can get by with it but you are still exceeding the speed limit and can get stopped for a ticket. So all in all its up to you how to play and enjoy EQ.

Zeb

I have no issues, however, you may have caught the attention of someone that really has nothing better to do then try to mess with people they feel are cheating. Try using roleplay or anonymous and see if the behavior continues, and worst, send a tell and and ask them "what up?"

Thanks all for the input and I think you're all right. I'll continue doing what I am doing but just be somewhat more cautious. I don't AFK and try avoid people when I am playing. I guess if something happens it will be out of my control. Appreciate all the feedback!

Sometimes its just someone being nice.

Back in the old days many players would do run by buffs. It still happens now and then and when that happens to me I usually send a tell thanking the person and asking if they are waiting for a drop or looking for the camp.

I doubt a GM is going to buff you before he bans you. Buff 'n Ban?:D

ha! yes I love run by buffs but the couple times it's happened I don't think they were trying to be nice. I think more testing of I was AFK or not. I usually /wave and like I said gate out when it happens. I think maybe I will grow thicker skin with this and just let it go. If I get the ban hammer I'll just move on to the next "old" game that will bring back memories. Would be a loss to the game though as I am really not hurting anybody and I am giving them money. if my enjoyment continues, they will only get more of my money. We'll see I guess.

Yea I came back after almost 20 years away and started a shammy. I try to always drive by buff, especially if I'm running thru lower zones. Community is what made EQ the game it is

I've played a three box and not noticed any strange behavior of other PCs around me

Question - full group draws attention?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back