• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Tech - Frequent zoning while using macro's causing crashes (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,804¢
I've been using the Into the Hills and AutoBones macros quite a bit over the last couple of months. They work great and with a few tweaks I have very little problems in general. The problem I do have is that after 8-14 hours of running the macro, my toons Everquest clients start crashing while zoning. Restarting the eq client for those crashed toons doesn't seem to help as they will just crash within the next few times of zoning again. My temporary solution is to restart my computer and reload all of my toons. This buys me another 8+ hours of problem free macroing. I don't mind that much, but it does take some time to get everything set back up and I was wondering if there was a better way.

Anyone else having similar problems? It could be my PC though it doesn't seem to be having any problems and I have 10 GB of ram. I also don't have any problems macroing for days if I'm in a static camp with no zoning.

Thanks!

Rob

not saying this is your problem, but it could be your problem based on your description. if you have mq2netheals loaded and arent using it, unload it. there is a line in there (line 244 in my compile) that will CTD you immediately after zoning or if you zone and then immediately try to move. i was able to reproduce it by loading into world and immediately moving in a backwards circle. got me to CTD 100% of the time. it could also do it if you had a pet/merc/person/mob on xtarget and zoned. i dont know if the line is in your version, as it was the last post on the mq2netheal thread.

line in question:
Rich (BB code):
          if(xta->pXTargetData[n].xTargetType && xta->pXTargetData[n].Unknown0x4) {

Tech - Frequent zoning while using macro's causing crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back