• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Free Character Name Change (1 Viewer)

melonburn22

RedCents
Hi All,

I am new here and have never opened my mouth before, but the following tactic did work for me, so I figured I would put it in here if you care to try it.. this is by no means some beautiful hack or strat, mostly common sense..but if it saves any of you $75 it was worth posting it;

When you want to change the name of your character, of course, the EQ people want to charge you a lot of money to do it. Unless you are fortunate enough to have a name that ends with an "x", you would normally have to pay a fee for the name change service. (Names that end with an "x" are assumed by GMs and guides to be names that were auto-changed due to duplicate name conflicts caused by transfers and server merges...they will change a name that ends with an "x" upon request, without checking anything and without charge.)

If, however, your name is something else like "Shergamwen" then try the following;

Either from another account of yours, or from a friend's account send a /petition complaining about the name of the character whose name you want changed. In your petition, say that the character's name (the one you wish changed) is copyright infringing and that the name originated from some novel or old TV show,movie, etc.. (even from Japanese anime' ) quote some obscure book or show or make one up... believe me they don't check this stuff out, as long as it sounds even half-possible, they simply find the petitioned character in game and give him two minutes to pick out a different name, then they change it on the spot.

They don't hold the petitioned character responsible for having known that his name happened to be in some book nobody ever heard of either, they just change the name to avoid any copyright issues...and they do it at no charge.

Sometimes it takes a bit for them to catch up to you and you should lay off the MQ, etc... until they do get with you and change the name. You wouldn't want them dropping by while you were /warping etc..

Side note: They don't wait forever for you to decide on a new name when they catch up with you in game... so have the name you want ready...otherwise, they'll just pick one from the generator and it may be worse than what you had.

Cheers,
Melonburn22

I've tried this a dozen times, with names spelled exactly like copywritten shit and they always give me the same response saying they will take proper actions and nothing happens, tried this with 4 toons already.

It would pobly be easier to do the legends trick. Ive noticed that SoE seems to pick and choose when it wants to enforce the naming policy. And the times they pick are usually the wrong ones.

Best way I've found is to link the name to some sort of racial slur. Say that it refers to people who are Korean, Japanese, and White South African, and you are severely offended by it.

It would pobly be easier to do the legends trick. Ive noticed that SoE seems to pick and choose when it wants to enforce the naming policy. And the times they pick are usually the wrong ones.
legends are dead now aren't they?

dirtynumbangel said:
Yes. The server was damned near dead, so they did away with it.

Wow I didnt even realize that heh, I just started playing again after a 2 year break though.

My suggestion is to petition yourself and say that you just uncovered that your name is a racial slur and you, as a devout christian do not wish to hurt anyone's feelings.

I did it with my bard... I jumped on another account (Who's main was on Luclin) and made a level one on Xegony and petitioned the name as copyright infringement. After they said they would look into it, I sent in a petition saying that, "someone had informed me that my name was a violation of the naming policy, and I did not want any severe actions taken so I was wondering if we could get this problem settled."

3 days later, a CSR emailed me and told me to send him back 4 names from 1-4 being my top name to my last, and within 3 days after that, I had the first name on my list.

It does work, just take a better approach to it, follow up if they don't.

Free Character Name Change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back