• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Frame Limiter issue or something else? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
753¢
I'm currently running an AMD 7950x, 64gb RAM, and an RTX 3080 GPU. With the current settings below, I've been able to run 3 teams pretty smoothly. When I try to bring on a 4th team, my GPU maxes out to 100% and the system comes to a crawl. Not sure why it's only that 4th team that pushes the GPU up so high. Any thoughts?

Resources when 3 teams are running:
1706725109477.png

1706725077272.png

why are you changing the simulation fps? that is hurting your dps kinda, as that is how much it allows to happen pr frame or such..

and why are you haivng such a high fps in the back ground? and rendering game screen?

do you have the background clients visible?

why are you changing the simulation fps? that is hurting your dps kinda, as that is how much it allows to happen pr frame or such..

and why are you haivng such a high fps in the back ground? and rendering game screen?

do you have the background clients visible?
I wasn't aware that simulation fps would hurt dps. What should I adjust that to?

The background fps was just a number I settled on way back when I first started running multiple toons. I render the game screen on background clients cause sometimes I'm watching Plex or browsing the web when playing. If not the active window, I wasn't able to see what was going on.

I wasn't aware that simulation fps would hurt dps. What should I adjust that to?

The background fps was just a number I settled on way back when I first started running multiple toons. I render the game screen on background clients cause sometimes I'm watching Plex or browsing the web when playing. If not the active window, I wasn't able to see what was going on.
Simulated frame rate controls spellcasting, logic decisions, etc. Has a ton to do with dps. Id recommend at least 60fps on that one. Can turn background frame rate to low as you want. It doesnt do anything other than change the rate at which the screen updated on background tasks. if you want some specific toon to see updates on, change to individual character settings and turn your tank/steering toon to a level which will update and the rest to .001. it will save a ton of resources.

another thing you will want to look up is the background task setting in your nvidia control and make sure its turned off

1706730771484.png

you should set the simulation rate to 30 as is the default. ctrl click in the field and you can input the number.

myysterio you one crazy monkey, he should not do 60fps on the simulation rte, its defaulted to 30 for a reason.

Simulated frame rate controls spellcasting, logic decisions, etc. Has a ton to do with dps. Id recommend at least 60fps on that one. Can turn background frame rate to low as you want. It doesnt do anything other than change the rate at which the screen updated on background tasks. if you want some specific toon to see updates on, change to individual character settings and turn your tank/steering toon to a level which will update and the rest to .001. it will save a ton of resources.

another thing you will want to look up is the background task setting in your nvidia control and make sure its turned off

View attachment 56957
Yes, my nvidia background setting is turned off.

Problem - Frame Limiter issue or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back