• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Followed guide - MQ2 not working (Error in Inject?) (1 Viewer)

Weebles

RedCents
112¢
NEW QUESTION:
I've followed the RedGuide instructions exactly for setting up Macroquest 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gvjcmIALPw

I installed RGupdater, directed it to the very vanilla zip file, my MQ 2 folder, and my uifiles default folder. I've set Macroquest to "Run as Administrator".

When I start Everquest I get a "Error in Inject" popup box (posts below indicate this should not be affecting macroquest).

However, I am not getting the macroquest window upon macroquest startup as indicated in the above youtube video. Not sure where to go, I went step by step through the video.

For the record (in case this could be causing issues), I also play on P1999 and simply copied my EQfiles into a similar folder with the "TGC" prefix so they don't get mixed up, and then re-targeted my shortcut. I'm logging into the Grand Creation server.

Sorry all, very new to this and a bit overwhelmed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Re: Error in Inject

I've been getting that error with the last 2 compiles, but everything still works. Just figured is was something with my machine.

Re: Error in Inject

I am gonna try that eqgeek thx =)

- - - Updated - - -

I guessed that by Divx you ment Directx?

Both .net framework and directx are the latest versions on my laptop, but I am still getting the error.

Directx: 11
.NetFramework: 4.5

So anything else there is to try?

For the record (in case this could be causing issues), I also play on P1999 and simply copied my EQfiles into a similar folder with the "TGC" prefix so they don't get mixed up, and then re-targeted my shortcut. I'm logging into the Grand Creation server.

Sorry all, very new to this and a bit overwhelmed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The very vanilla compile is for live servers, not emu. Should have made that clear, sorry. We have compiles in the emu section for emu servers.

Last edited:
I just remembered I got a more specific error that might ring some bells:

OpenProces(3720)failed..
Error in Injection

There was more text after failed but it wasn't readable cause the window was too small.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone getting this error: have you tried using the compile without the rgupdater? Just unzipping the release folder?

Good news! I just grabbed the macroquest2.exe from the zip and ran it from desktop to test and it worked, no more errors.

Then I renamed the macroquest2.exe in my MQ2 folder and copied the one from desktop there, ran it again and still no errors /cheer

Hope this helps finding where the problem is mate =)

Good news! I just grabbed the macroquest2.exe from the zip and ran it from desktop to test and it worked, no more errors.

Then I renamed the macroquest2.exe in my MQ2 folder and copied the one from desktop there, ran it again and still no errors /cheer

Hope this helps finding where the problem is mate =)

Ah ha, sounds like you were accidently using an old RGUpdate. If the version # on the RGUpdate you were using was 1.0.2 - that's the problem. Should be 1.0.3

I am now getting this error. I bought a new computer yesterday and copied all of my MQ2 files to it via thumb drive. I tried the suggestion of replacing my macroquest2.exe file with the one from the latest compile zip. It did not work. The old computer does not get the error so I am kind of confused. They are both running Windows 8 and have the exact same MQ2 files. MQ2 seems to be working fine. Exact error message below.

Inject Failed
The Parameter Is Incorrect

Hmm... I just did this and it worked for me again.

Only thing I might me doing differently is removing the macroquest2.exe before I grab it from the latest compile.

Hope that works for you cassandra =)

- - - Updated - - -

I also found out what's been crashing me lately btw:

Rich (BB code):
mq2navigation=mq2navigation

REMOVE that from your macroquest.ini if you have a slow comp or load a lot of clients on one computer =)

mq2navigation=mq2navigation you should not be seeing this in your ini file. It the old macroquest2.exe and the wrong one. The new one writes it.
mq2navigation=1 or mq2navigation=0

I have had a chance to play for a few hours and all is fine regardless of the "Inject Failed The Parameter Is Incorrect" error. I am pretty sure it is something I did wrong when transferring my MQ2 files to my new computer.

I untagged it from the list in RGUpdater, I tried to remove the complete line, I tried setting it to 0 and set the macroquest.ini to read only, but it keeps coming back... its like a nightmare :S

All I ever do is load the plugin on my puller ingame and thats it. MQ2Navigation is really heavy and if I load it on all my toons my comp gets a lot of hickups.

Tech - Followed guide - MQ2 not working (Error in Inject?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back