• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - First time boxer (classes) (1 Viewer)

azviper

RedCents
140¢
Hi everyone. I am new to all of this. I am getting ready to purchase some CWTN plugins this morning. I have determined the classes I want.

SK - tank
Cleric - heals
Shaman - buffs/dps(mainly want sow)
Magician - dps

I am wondering if I should add another melee dps in there, or just another mage. Whatever would compliment what I already have here, or open to other suggestions to make a strong team by dropping one class for another.

you will want a CC --- bard or enchanter

double priest class is a big overkill.

alot depends on your goals and what content you're looking to do.

the most important thing is to have fun, there are dozens of threads about what class makeups to check out.

Explore and be flexible as your need/wants change

As Sic, the all-knowing, states double priest is overkill, but you rarely die.

Holy Trinity - Tank, Heals, CC.

DPS - you can play anything, but note there are two trains of thought regarding synergies. Melee, Casters.

Melee - SHD/SHM/BRD/BST/BER/ROG - Super solid group. Will need to run KA or RG for Bard. Rest are CWTN
Casters - SHD/CLR/ENC/BST/MAG/NEC - Equally as solid, and I think my favorite group setup now. Full CWTN

You can always mix and match, and as far as the tank goes, PAL is a great choice I found them to be underrated once I started using MQ2Paladin. PAL/CLR is a solid option that slays undead zones while leveling up.

Group game anything works, provided you have a tank, cc, and heals. Raiding, go with 2xrogues and a bst for a melee setup. Zerkers are just meh in that department now. Caster, go 2xmage and a necro or 2xnec and a mage.

Hi everyone. I am new to all of this. I am getting ready to purchase some CWTN plugins this morning. I have determined the classes I want.

SK - tank
Cleric - heals
Magician - dps

I am wondering if I should add another melee dps in there, or just another mage. Whatever would compliment what I already have here, or open to other suggestions to make a strong team by dropping one class for another.
some will diss the double healer, but i love the cwtn pluggin for shm, i set it for dps, use cleric for heals, SK for tankage. i would def add either a enchanter(great with your group) or a bard for boosts and if your gonna 6box(why not) do either a necro or a second mage or a bst. the synergy of mage with any other pt class is nice, bst is good dps boost and so is necro. all above except bard have a plugin

I used to run sk shm zerk bard mage cleric, then I realized having 2 healers was gimping my dps since shaman's dots didn't do much when mobs died fast. I dropped the cleric for a bst and have my shaman healing now. My group puts out a lot more dps now and I have no problems with shaman healing, I've done all the current content in the game and have it on farm status. My sham can pretty much heal indefinitely running on the CWTN plugin. I even switch a rogue in for the mage a lot, and I don't even need mod rods for the sham to keep going w/o rest. Sham healers can suffice alone and boost a melee group's dps quite a lot.

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I might have as well have been new to EQ.

Discovering MQ2 was a gamechanger and I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome!
SK - tank
Cleric - heals
Magician - dps

SK , SHM(heals, with ONLY bite and chaos dots between healing/slowing) , CLR (run the entire contravention(dps line, absorbs, unresistable dmg, and a ST heal to the ToT), ENCH/BARD(need at least one of these), BL/Zerk(either would be a great addition), Mage

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

SK - tank
Cleric - heals
Magician - dps

If you're going to stay with the 4 you have there, add an Enchanter and another mage. That way you can stay with the class plugins. If you go with the bard and Melee dps, you'll need to use Kissassist since there is no Bard class plugin yet. Also, if you're just going to do group content, the Shaman can do the job easily with the class plugin going. A lot depends on what level you are and how familiar you are with Kissassist.

Question - First time boxer (classes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back