• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Fierce Eye and Bard 2.0 (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
888¢
Hey everyone,,

Been looking around at different guides because I finally got my bard's 2.0!

Some guides say you want to stagger fierce eye and the bard's 2.0, but I've seen other people say they should run together.

Any more experienced bards know what's the best way to use these?

I make no claim on being an experienced Bard. I personally prefer to stagger them.
Probably depends a little on what other classes you have in the group.

Epic:
Spirit of Vesagran:
Duration: 60s
9: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 12%
10: Increase Chance to Critical DoT by 12%
12: Increase Accuracy by 140

Fierce Eye:
Fierce Eye 13:
Duration: 66s
1: Increase Chance to Critical HoT by 15%
2: Increase Critical Hit Damage by 30% of Base Damage
3: Increase Worn Proc Rate by 300%
4: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 15%
5: Increase Hit Damage by 30% (v459)
6: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 15%
7: Increase Chance to Critical DoT by 15%
11: Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 15% of Base Damage
12: Increase Spell Damage by 13%

With both of them having a 3min cooldown, you either have:
1 out of every 3 minutes with +27% crit chance
or
2 out of every 3 minutes with +12(or 15)% crit chance

I prefer the 2 minutes for a longer "up time" on crits

Depends on your group makeup tbh, a lot of dps classes are close to capped when burning anyway, .... so using both at the same time is a waste when 1 will cap them, better to stagger in most cases

Thanks everyone. @ABWar i was thinking the primary benefit for the bard 2.0 was the 140% accuracy SPA? Am i wrong there?

@Gatrie thanks for the info. Epic is 2m And fierce eye is 2m6s after they’re focused. I remember people saying to pair bard and shaman 2.0, which is why I was curious

Bah, I should have checked it in game. I forgot about focusing. I remembered 2 out 3 minutes, but misremembered how it applied.

It makes sense to pair Bard and Shaman epics. Same short timer. Helps dps. Gives a platform for everyone to build their burns off of.
Might also be a hold over mentality from when most abilities and discs had longer cooldown timers.

Now, if you care about accuracy, here is what I found.
Bard Epic is a flat increase of 140.

Other ones you may, or may not, care about:
Cry Carnage rk1: flat increase of 20
Quick Time 17+: multiplicative increase of 90%
Thief's Vision rk1 w/ focus is hybrid: 229 * 1.1 flat and +5% multiplicative (doesn't stack with QT)

Now the interesting part. All the flat values are added together before being multiplied.
Ex. Base atk of 1500, using Bard Epic, Quick Time and Thief's Vision.
1500 + 140 + 229*1.1 = 1891.9, but this is EQ and EQ only wants integers, so 1891
1891 * 1.9 = 3592.9, but again this is EQ, so final accuracy is 3592

At the end of the day, these are just numbers. I haven't parsed in game to see how an increased accuracy actually shakes out.

Last edited:
My experience has always been bard and shm epic together, not sure that ever really changed. Generally would try to time them with major burns, but otherwise from initial engage and onwards keep them together on refresh

Fierce eye... Shrug :-P

@Gatrie i did not know that SPA was a FLAT increase!

that sucks really bad! Makes me mad about doing the epic because I was hoping to benefit my melee group primarily. Sigh

i did not know that SPA was a FLAT increase!

that sucks really bad! Makes me mad about doing the epic because I was hoping to benefit my melee group primarily. Sigh
The advantage of it being a flat increase, it is ALWAYS contributing. If it was multiplicative, it would get overwritten.
The higher the multiplier on a separate ability, the more flat value added.

Let's take a Berserker. Using Untamed Rage(+40%). Bard epic gives: 140 * 1.4 = 196
If Bard epic was multiplicative, then it would contribute 0 to accuracy (I'm assuming +40% for this fictional scenario).

@Gatrie i did not know that SPA was a FLAT increase!

It's not a flat increase - Bard epic is awesome

Slot​
Description
9:​
Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage Chance by 12%
10:​
Critical DoT (12%)
12:​
Increase Accuracy by 140%

Question - Fierce Eye and Bard 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back