• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Fastest AFK leveling in Kunark (1 Viewer)

crumpshot

RedCents
32¢
Curious if anyone has some suggestions for the best xp gains in kunark content for semi-afk. Particularly, I want to watch movies/TV rather than actively pull. With a full group including tank/cc/heals/dps, what's some of the best approaches for fast exp gains? My group currently has 5 level 60s and I'm trying to get my other 50s caught up now.

I do not play on TLP but from what I understand it is quite crowded and people get annoyed when people afk kill. So you should approach this problem differently:

What areas will give me reasonable xp while not being in the way of masses?

So Sebilis and Karnor would be too popular for semi-afk killing.

That leaves Charassis or my personal favorite Chardok. For some reason Chardok never was that popular. Then again plain vanilla KA will be ill suited for Chardok (or Sebilis and Charassis as well).

That leaves some open zone like Skyfire mountains, I remember doing 5 mage 1 wizard group there in 2000 and it was really easy killing wyrms etc, even then but xp was slow compared to Sebilis.

The only decent xp is Chardok really. 1 Wing of HS is pretty good. Sebilis is garbage.

You're not going to find a good camp to totally afk in though. Someone will wipe your group, or report/fraps you.

If you just want to automate your group while you do other stuff at the computer, Chardok works well, specially the Dead Men Floating area etc. You won't be able to maximize a full groups potential because there's no area with easy automated pulling there, but that area has a good number of targets to kill every cycle.

If I catch you fully afk at any of my spots tho I'm going to wipe your group 8D.
Deleted a poor guy afk'ing Heirophant camp the other day. Automate all you want, but if you're not around to respond to tells/camp checks and you're at a high traffic area like Heirophant you're just asking to get banned/suspended. I've had Guides's check on me more than once already, but I'm always around to at least respond to them.

Yeah AFK grinding on TLP just sounds like a Ban waiting to happen. That said... If I were to do such a thing I have to go to the least accessible camp in Kunark. Off the top of my head would be the last wing in Charsiss. Require a Key to get in, and rogues to open a good majority of the doors. Its also a pain to get in and out of. All these things make it a decent candidate for it.

Then you would have to use GTFO to kill the macros when people come to check on you. On TLP you will have people check on you, so no spot is truly safe. However, you could probably get a good 6 hours on a really off the beaten path spot.

I also did Emporer Chottal/Blood area in Sebilis completely automated for many hours. No one ever goes back there 'cause of locked doors, and Heirophant being what everyone is really after in crypt anyways.

The Xp is garbage, but it's Xp you get without having to actually play.

Having said all that before, if you are a decent macro writer you could program a custom macro for a camp. I like locs for consistency, but it makes you look botish when pulling. To counter this I always put a player check based on Line of Sight, and also during my movement sub routines i constantly check for mobs within my pull radius... while in transit to next LOC if I see a mob (even just for a second) it will target it and instant cast my pull ability. This not only makes it efficient but also more human like. (In case some other MQer is watching you on map) Lastly, I do a call once I get back to camp to check nearest spawn, if there is already a mob in camp, I will FD my pull off and engage mob at camp.

Since eqmule has stated that MQ is not to be used for afk exp camps I will not release anymore AFK pulling / camp macros. I just wanted to let you all know what some others are doing.

Question - Fastest AFK leveling in Kunark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back