• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Farming Question - F2P (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,607¢
I was wondering if anyone has ever played a group of F2P or two or three. Just to farm enough plat / items to sell for plat to feed their other accounts for account time instead of pay the actual monthly sub price? If so, was it very effective in going about doing things in that way? I was thinking of trying to do something like that so I can effectively stop paying for the accounts that matter most to me.

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone has ever played a group of F2P or two or three. Just to farm enough plat / items to sell for plat to feed their other accounts for account time instead of pay the actual monthly sub price? If so, was it very effective in doing about things in that way? I was thinking of trying to do something like that so I can effectively stop paying for the accounts that matter most to me.
Pretty sure we all do it. Simplest route is /barter. Do a /barter in your server and reverse the order from highest to lowest. Figure out which itens can be bartered for good cash, eqtrader where it drops and set your bots to work.

Note: dont be a dick and flood the server with trademats. Set up mules for storage and sell here and there where you need to so you dont crash the bazaar economy.

If you just want plat, ice encrusted items usually sell well still for the ultrarare. If you ewant to grind for plat…shsrds landing or the grounds..for the gems

Youre Welcome Maui GIF

I was wondering if anyone has ever played a group of F2P or two or three. Just to farm enough plat / items to sell for plat to feed their other accounts for account time instead of pay the actual monthly sub price? If so, was it very effective in doing about things in that way? I was thinking of trying to do something like that so I can effectively stop paying for the accounts that matter most to me.
it is a lot of work, doable, but more work than likely worth it.

many folks have an easier time keeping up with krono offering missions or achievements

Gems - I did the grounds but it took a long time and that was back when Krono were selling on my server for 2 mil. Now they are up to 4-5 mil which would take even longer to get enough to cash in and buy a krono

Barter works ok but much of the stuff they want are rare drops which is why they pay so much. Another time sink

Tradeskill - I had some luck with making templates for the HOT and Argath armor but that market comes and goes too much to depend on it.

Most players offer free TA on my server. We have a couple PL but not sure if they are making much since everyone puts them on /ignore

Bottom line I think its doable but for me it was way too much time invested and left me no time to play my mains.

it is a lot of work, doable, but more work than likely worth it.

many folks have an easier time keeping up with krono offering missions or achievements
I am not aware of the in game missions or achievements that grant Krono as a reward. Can you enlighten me?

@Doc James He means, you run the mission or raid or Hunter kills (you raid up participants), and you do the work just before the mission locks add people for a price ( krono if something worth it) and then allow the added person to open the chest. You made a Krono.

Yep, trying to farm enough raw plat is going to be a massive time suck. It can be done but the bigger issue at least on my primary server is finding enough krono to buy.

Yep, trying to farm enough raw plat is going to be a massive time suck. It can be done but the bigger issue at least on my primary server is finding enough krono to buy.

Krono on Luclin server seems rare too. I figure it's a sign of steadily declining casual players needing platinum. It seems to be 4.5 million plat per Krono right now, but I see people asking for hours without response.

Re: the original question. I did good on farming various ornaments dropped from older expansions like Dark Elf in CoTF, Vim and Vigor in TBM, and Arcron in Ring of Scale.

Currently, I'm thinking of going back and farming Merc armor in TBL since nobody is selling that anymore on my server. And that TBL era merc stuff is the latest version available.

There are too many people that buy krono and then re-sell them for cash. Prices have gotten so high that farming enough plat to buy Kronos is very difficult.

I'm sure you would need to continuously AFK farm, and that makes people angry with MQers.

For a while I tried setting up a trader (paid for with a Krono), and then selling stuff I farmed on the trader. During the 4 months I did this, the trader made enough to pay for his own Krono, plus enough for 1 or 2 extra. It wasn't worth all the work TBH.

Krono on Luclin server seems rare too. I figure it's a sign of steadily declining casual players needing platinum. It seems to be 4.5 million plat per Krono right now, but I see people asking for hours without response.

Re: the original question. I did good on farming various ornaments dropped from older expansions like Dark Elf in CoTF, Vim and Vigor in TBM, and Arcron in Ring of Scale.

Currently, I'm thinking of going back and farming Merc armor in TBL since nobody is selling that anymore on my server. And that TBL era merc stuff is the latest version available.
I think it’s also the mass buyers you may be seeing. There’s one on my server that drove krono prices up 60% overnight.

My vendor makes enough to let me buy maybe 1 krono every 2 months. But I only use them to get the auto-grants on my F2P play accounts when the toons are 110-115, so thats a one shot deal and I don't have a massive alt army. Very rarely i use them to make a high value trade. But I put maybe an hour a day into my vendor (this time includes some gathering and transferring from my mains), which actually is a lot of play time. But I also enjoy tending to my vendor. My vendor runs all the time I am not actively playing that account, but not my computer.
My advice is do something you enjoy to make platinum.

@Doc James He means, you run the mission or raid or Hunter kills (you raid up participants), and you do the work just before the mission locks add people for a price ( krono if something worth it) and then allow the added person to open the chest. You made a Krono.

I see. Makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.

Yeah, I figured as much with as much as I have thought about it.

For perspective, to cover my typical gold accounts I would need to generate 270 mil plat per month minimum at typical krono prices

I started doing the math myself. I don't think there really is a reasonable way to do this at the price of Krono now.

I'm sure you would need to continuously AFK farm, and that makes people angry with MQers.

True story. I don't leave my toon AFK'ing. So, it would be limited to my actual seat time for play. Which is somewhere around 4 - 6 hours per day. I am usually working at the same time as well during this time.

Discussion - Farming Question - F2P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back