• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Serious - ExtraLife Gaming Marathon - Looking for Help (1 Viewer)

Jmo

Ex-Admin Dust Bunny
RedCents
1,087¢
Hey all. I wanted to share this with the community here, in hopes that some of you may feel inclined to help out a great cause.

On October 16th, I will be joining over 3,500 other gamers in something called the ExtraLife Gaming Marathon. The point of this marathon is to raise money to help Terminally Ill children, through Hospitals in the Children's Miracle Network. You can see the main page HERE for more info on the basics.

The way it works, is that all participants are asked to get at least 4 donations, of at least $1 per hour. It is a 24 hour gaming marathon, therefore each participant is asked to get at least $96 in donations. I have personally set my goal to get at least 8 donations, and will gladly raise it if I exceed my goal. The money goes to a really good cause, and it's one of which is close at heart to me as I have a good friend whose son has Infantile Glaucoma, and has spent a very good deal of time at Children's Memorial Hospital (where my donations will be going).

I'm hoping that at least a couple people who read this will be inclined to help out, not just because I need to raise money, but because the money goes to help kids who are sick or suffering. I would like to thank anyone in advance for your help, and for taking the time to read this long-winded message. Thanks guys! You can find my page by clicking the link below.

>>>***CLICK HERE TO ACCESS MY DONATIONS PAGE***<<<

Last edited:
Thanks Yammerz! You rock!

I really do appreciate it. Like I said, it's a cause that hits a bit close to home, so I'm really hoping I have to raise my goal. =)

I hate to sound even slightly "desperate" on this issue, but if there's any chance people could help me spread the word on this, please do. I've actually raised my goal and would like to raise at least $1000. I can only do it with everyone's help!

So please, tell your guilds, your friends and family, and anyone else you think may be willing to help out to this great cause. I really appreciate it!

Don't even need to send an e-mail. If you put that link in there it goes straight to the ExtraLife donation page that I'm assigned to. No money passes through me and goes straight to the Children's Miracle Network.

And thanks for posting it. =)

Serious - ExtraLife Gaming Marathon - Looking for Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back