• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

EXP Range (1 Viewer)

RedCents
Anyone know of anything that will increase the range at which group members will recieve exp from a kill? Like a puller being out of range when looking for the next pull or just parking an alt a safe distance away from the fighting.

Awhile ago, back when PoFire kite was leet and no-one could tank tables in exp (yes, a long while ago) what we used to do was put 5 bots at the zonein, and 1 kiter at tables. They used to recieve all the bonuses of having 6 people in the group (as there are bonuses) and since people were OOR, they never had to share any of it. So it's solo EXP, but with grp bonuses.

I haven't tried this in awhile, so if it works still, you'll have to let me know.

Note: Just leaving 1 person OOR won't do anything. the 6th person adds a bonus, 5 people make less exp then 6 people. It's pretty much full group or nothing.

Technically you could /warp succor right before the kill.

They changed the way exp was calculated a while ago. Someone killing OOR of their group gets the same exp as they would if they were solo. This was an old exploit we used to use in HoH. Have 6 people in a group all soloing. Getting the full exp for 6 people, and it's all going to one person. Every one was oor of each other.

Experience now is divided by 5. Obviously you'll get more per kill solo then a group. I don't remember if it works out eaxctly, but take the full exp a mob gives and divide it by 5, and thats what each group member will give for a group of 5 or 6. So the 6th person bonus, isn't really a bonus other then they get a 20% cut of experience based on 5 people. So the net exp gained by a group would be 120%. So adding a 6th person dosent reduce what everyone else gets in the group, it justs adds on for the last person.

EXP Range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back