• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Everquest? (1 Viewer)

karhip1993

RedCents
i used to play Wow, and was banned, and am wondering whetever i should get another Wow account, eq1 account, or eq2 account. which one is best, advanteages, disadvantages, pros, cons, what is Everquest 1 and 2. thanks

karhip1993 said:
i used to play Wow, and was banned, and am wondering whetever i should get another Wow account, eq1 account, or eq2 account. which one is best, advanteages, disadvantages, pros, cons, what is Everquest 1 and 2. thanks

You're asking people to describe a game that has been out for 8 years and has had many a feature built uppon it. (EQ 1) I suggest downloading a free trial and finding out yourself. It would just take too long to explain. EQ2 on the other hand is a VERY dumbed down EQ. I'm sure it may be fun if you're 7 years old though.

First off Everquest has 8 years of content out which means there is almost always something to do. Way more races and classes to choose from.

WOW is easier to get into as a newbie though

I found EQ (Pre tutorial) would be difficult to start off , and its slow going unless your a twink etc

I find it a matter of preference

I played WOW at the highest level (BWL when it was the top zone) and ive also playing/playing EQ at the highest level too

WOW was a lot more fun , whereas i found EQ more of a challenge and had far much more high end content , but in non raiding times could be boring

AS someone said , try the EQ1 tutorial , see what ya think

I have played both Wow and EQ1. All I can say is you cant replace 8 years of content with a 2 year old game. Its not eve close EQ1 by far forget EQ2 btw its a casual players game. I stayed with EQ1 which I have been playing for 6 years and have no plans of quiting or getting banned :)

No. WoW is more fun to some people, others find EQ1 more fun, and yet others find EQ2 more fun. Some, I'm sure, find WoW challenging to a point. You can't ask other people to tell you what you will like the most. Just like Spunge said, matter of preference.

EQ1 has much more content and is just a much more 'mature' game. EQ2 is an extension of that but made for a casual crowd so much more streamlined, WoW is just a kiddie-fest.

Why did you get banned from WoW? If it was for gliding or something like that then you'll probably find EQ1 more fun because it's completely exploited to the point where the GM's rarely even care anymore unless you do something blatant. I find the exploitation of the game more fun than actually playing it.

I must say WOW didn’t do it for me. I played for a bit and was just unimpressed. It seemed every time I was waiting for bsg to start there would be a bunch of annoying peeps just running around and jumping. I couldn’t take it. The graphics are cool don’t get me wrong, but the challenge wasn’t there for me.

I love challenge. The high end raid content in EQ1 is unforgiving sometimes, but I think that’s what keeps me coming back. I don’t want to just walk in the zone, kill the named, and walk out in 20 mins. I know that sounds strange but I love the strats you have to come up with. And the same mob might have different strats depending on who shows up. I love this about the game.

There is still a “small” crowd of idiots, but they usually get found out quick and eventually they don’t get groups. Then they just quit. Plus I will say EQ has some of the best gamers ive played with.

You can't compare EQ2 to EQ1 in any way other than the races and some of the zone names. They're completely different games with completely different combat systems, item systems and questing systems. Not to mention the zones are completely different too.

EQ2 isn't that bad actually and honestly if Nagafen didn't turn into a 40 man i'm an idiot fest at every bell I would probably still be playing there atleast every once in a while.

Wow is a great game but suffers from lack diversity. Once you have levelled in WoW the game pretty much stagnates.

In wow you follow a pretty specific path doing the same cluster of quests as the optimal means of leveling. This is great in the fact you can always find others to do the quest with but boring after the first couple times thru it.

EQ on the other hand is much more free form. You go and do what you want for the most part. Quests are for gear, fun or access but none of them are actually "required" unlike wow (which you come to a grinding halt if you choose not to quest).

EQ also has a much more developed market and tradeskill setup which allows you something interesting to do when questing or grinding just doesn't sound fun.

To sum it up, 8 yrs of conetent built on an open ended and diverse structure, or two years of content built on a predefined "yellow brick road" structure.

Don't get me wrong, I had a blast playing WoW, at least until I reached the level cap.

EQ1 has AA's and augments for your gear. Without those two systems, I think EQ1 would have died a long time ago.

AA's allow you to work on lots of enhancements to your character, from general options like run speed and spell resists, to enhancements available only to certain classes, like instant group camouflage. Basically like the talent system in WoW, but with a few thousand choices instead of a couple dozen.

everquest really just starts once youve reached the level cap where as WoW just....almost stops. ive been playing eq since beta 3 (no where near as much) but im in a raiding guild and still find it fun. The only recomendation i have to a new person is make some friends right off the bat and level with them low level grouping is rather rough now days id assume.

Ryzon said:
Why did you get banned from WoW? If it was for gliding or something like that then you'll probably find EQ1 more fun because it's completely exploited to the point where the GM's rarely even care anymore unless you do something blatant. I find the exploitation of the game more fun than actually playing it.
Exactly why I still play 6+ accounts!

Everquest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back