• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Everquest / MQ on Linux (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
So how viable is this? I'm really getting ramped up on a variety of things with Linux and want to take my main rig there now. Technical aspects are no concern, as I have an extensive background in Linux Usage and Virtualization.

Here are the methods I see:

-Wine (Wrapper doubt it would handle boxes well or MQ2 injection) - The little history I see on this subject says its a big No go.
-VMWare Player - The good ole, load Win10 VM and launch the game inside it. I need to be able to launch my 4 boxes and utilize my 3 monitors, and I'm just not sure how well that will do. (VirtualBox Left off due to lack of GPU support and dodgy DirectX)
-PCI Passthrough using KVM - I could buy a second video card, toss it in and dedicate it to a VM. The only downside to this is it will limit the monitors I use based on my research. Not optimal if I can't use all my monitors.

Give up option:
-Dual boot: yeah... I could do that but damn it I don't want to.

pretty terrible workarounds for Linux. other than just hitting an install the .exe and running it it worked fine for me just 1 client and the stability was without peer, any more added and it crapped out

Question - Everquest / MQ on Linux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back