• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Everquest Locks up when loading multiple boxes (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
I recently had an issue when I launched several EQ Instances they kept locking up. So I finally got off my ass and decided to figure it out. I pulled up resource manager and noticed the EQ instances that were locked up at 20+% CPU Utilization which lead to my PC pegged at 100% CPU utilization. So I hunted down what was causing this...
  • Plugins... nope (however I did notice an improvement using MQ2CPULoad but it still locked up after a bit)...
  • MQ2 - MQ2Ic... nope
  • ISBoxer... nope
  • 3rd party program... Maybe... (cleaned up startup... it improved, but still there)
  • NVidia Experience Shadow Play... Yes! this damn program was the main cause. Disable it!

TO Disable Shadowplay or Nvidia Share (Recording gameplay, stream, broadcast, and Screenshot).
-Open GeForce Experience
-Settings
-Turn SHARE OFF!

Forgot to add my CPU Utilization dropped from always 90%+ to hovering around 50% with 4 EQ boxes loaded.

I think this has to do with the more recent windows 10 update turning stuff back on/messing with a lot of peoples CPU resources.

People said it was something with the graphics card or with Xbox Live's autoshare/gamebar/whatever feature.

I guess not enough people out there run more than 1 instance of game per computer so they didn't notice this yet. Either way, it's really friggen annoying and I had to roll back multiple computers/turn off automatic updates. For me, disabling the xbox crap didn't help. I also disabled some stuff in my Geforce control center, but apparently not what was causing the issue =P

I noticed this as well, but my problem was the Hard Drive Disk Activity was always at 100%. Traced it down to Windows Defender. Turned off Windows Defender and everything went back to normal.

I think this has to do with the more recent windows 10 update turning stuff back on/messing with a lot of peoples CPU resources.

People said it was something with the graphics card or with Xbox Live's autoshare/gamebar/whatever feature.

I guess not enough people out there run more than 1 instance of game per computer so they didn't notice this yet. Either way, it's really friggen annoying and I had to roll back multiple computers/turn off automatic updates. For me, disabling the xbox crap didn't help. I also disabled some stuff in my Geforce control center, but apparently not what was causing the issue =P

I noticed this as well, but my problem was the Hard Drive Disk Activity was always at 100%. Traced it down to Windows Defender. Turned off Windows Defender and everything went back to normal.

You guys are also right, I also had this on... increase my CPU as well. You guys just dropped it more! I disabled the Game Bar in Windows 10 and it was a resource hog while playing games as well. Here is a How To:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8637-game-bar-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

That Geforce Experience could have been my issue as well. I can't even get it to load on Win 10 anymore. It was only loaded on my machines that got the free Win10 upgrade. I was having the same issues with CPU utilization and bought a copy of Win10 and reloaded and everything is working pretty good right now. I set exclusions in Windows Defender but have not shut it down completely.

Everquest Locks up when loading multiple boxes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back