• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Esc to close, not saving setting... (1 Viewer)

DrmChld

RedCents
120¢
My MQ2ChatWnd is set to Esc to Close, every time I get into the game I have to uncheck it. I have tried Unchecking it then camping to desktop, unloading the plugin/reloading, camping to selection screen, everything I can think of to get it to save.

Is there a trick to getting settings like this to save? Driving me nuts...

Solution
My MQ2ChatWnd is set to Esc to Close, every time I get into the game I have to uncheck it. I have tried Unchecking it then camping to desktop, unloading the plugin/reloading, camping to selection screen, everything I can think of to get it to save.

im not sure if this is the setting but you can try this:

1. Open up MQ2ChatWnd.INI which should be under the Config Folder
2. Locate the character in question settings [ServerName_CharacterName]
3. Look for Locked=1
-- Depending on what your trying to achieve if this section is set to Lock=1 i don't believe the in-game setting would matter as if I'm correct hitting ESC would not remove the window in-game and vise-versa...

im not sure if this is the setting but you can try this:

1. Open up MQ2ChatWnd.INI which should be under the Config Folder
2. Locate the character in question settings [ServerName_CharacterName]
3. Look for Locked=1
-- Depending on what your trying to achieve if this section is set to Lock=1 i don't believe the in-game setting would matter as if I'm correct hitting ESC would not remove the window in-game and vise-versa.

Locked=1 = wont be removed from ESC
Locked=0 = would remove the window provided that you have Press to Escape set in-gam on that window

Solution
Still didn't fix it. It appears that the MQ2 window isn't the only thing not saving in my UI. I even changed the file permissions on My EQ folder to Everyone having full access and made sure there were not read attributes set.

Wish there was a way to force save your UI

Have you tried putting your Everquest folder in a Public user folder?

Mine is in C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest for instance.

Yep, I copied all of the MQUI files to my UI folders. Default, and Sparxx

I'm at a loss. Even went through all of the UI ini files, userdata files etc trying to find anything that I could change from =1 to =0 or true/false etc...

Searched all files for 'Escapeable' and didn't find anything for the MQ Chat Window.

Last edited:
Moved both copies of EQ to the root of a secondary SSD, disabled inherited permissions changed all permissions to have full access, not read attrib, took ownership, added Everyone with full access, running client as Admin. Changed the UI and realigned all the interface pieces again (OCD), zoned, camped to character selection screen, clicked exit.

Logged back in AND STILL THE MOTHER F*#^!^#@# WON'T SAVE!

Problem - Esc to close, not saving setting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back