• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Error Message:

FunWithUs

RedCents
"This copy of MacroQuest is not authorized to run on your machine."

I ran and compiled the MQ2Auth.exe without any errors, yet I still get this message when I try to run it. Any suggestions where I should start?

Have re-ran MQ2Auth.exe several times and re-generated a new MQ2Auth0.h file several times, but still getting the message.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

FunWithUs

RedCents
Nevermind. I found the problem... Thanks for looking though. :)

RedCents
223¢
Bump! I had to wipe my system today and when I do a fresh install from the redguides site I am getting this message. Anyone know why?

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
36,225¢
Bump! I had to wipe my system today and when I do a fresh install from the redguides site I am getting this message. Anyone know why?
That's bizarre, are you sure you don't have your folders mixed up? What antivirus are you running?

Last edited:
RedCents
223¢
Funny thing, i had NO antivirus running. I installed .net and this went away (shrug, I have NO idea how or why) but that my help someone in the future.

RedCents
2,204¢
Alternatively: Solved after only 12 years!

Still, good on you for posting your solution once you found it tecteacher. Ladon just stopped himself from killing a cat over the "Nevermind I found it" post above yours.