• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Error Logging in. (1 Viewer)

This means that you need to run EQ launcher for the latest version and only then MQ.

Rarely it happens that EQ updates some tiny thing("silent patch") and MQ is not updated for a while but that is not the case at the moment because I just refreshed a computer about 15mins ago and everything worked.

It will tell you the dates of the two. One or both of them will be wrong and need to be updated.

MacroQuest and/or EverQuest
Is there any way to force an update? I am having the same problem as the OP and I can't seem to get the dates to match. I tried rebooting, loading EQ and then MQ and that didnt work. I unloaded MQ and restarted it while EQ is running as well. Always the same message that the dates don't match.
By the way if you only have the launcher up and updated you will not see the message. But once you hit play it appears.

Is there any way to force an update? I am having the same problem as the OP and I can't seem to get the dates to match. I tried rebooting, loading EQ and then MQ and that didnt work. I unloaded MQ and restarted it while EQ is running as well. Always the same message that the dates don't match.
By the way if you only have the launcher up and updated you will not see the message. But once you hit play it appears.
Same here.
The macroquest version on the loader shows 3-9-22 but when Eq is loading on the version mismatch window it shows macroquest 2-10-22 Everquest Version shows 3-3-22 updated it several times.

1. I have been running EQ from the desktop shortcut, let it update and close it
2. Then I run the RedGuides launcher from desktop shortcut and update and close that
I have not been able to get the auto login to work any longer so
3. I then run the Everquest launcher again to log on an account.
Here I get the message with the dates.

The macroquest live button left open on my toolbar says Feb 10 22 wen I hit it with my curser.
The launcher shows all plugin updates as 3-9-226
The Very Vanilla tab shows the latest version 3-9-22

I just got mine to work. I was having the same issues as above. This is what I had to do:

1. close MQ (if you see it in the tray, it is not closed)
2. start EQ game patcher and get it to the point where you see the big green PLAY button
3. Start MQ launcher. Goto Very Vanilla tab. Press Install button.

This worked for me. Good luck.

I just got mine to work. I was having the same issues as above. This is what I had to do:

2. start EQ game patcher and get it to the point where you see the big green PLAY button

That was exactly what needed to be done - Thank you! was driving me nutz... I'm new here. Been playing EQ since it came out in 99. Took a really long break (toon was 105).

Anyway - in case others were still having issues... The important step here is #2. Do not run EQ from the eq icon. You may need to go into your EQ folder and run LaunchPad.exe. As previously mentioned, once you see the "Play" button... Then follow step 3 - press install on the Vanilla tab. You will see the update happen on the bottom of the launcher (see files updating in real time.)

Then close everything again. EQ and MQ launcher and restart as you normally would. Thanks again Tere for breaking it down!

Have been using the RedGuide Launcher and as of yesterday, I get the message
Everquest version Mar 3 2022
MacroQuest version Feb 10

These versions need to match in order to load MacroQuest. One of them may be out of date. Loading of MacorQuest cannot be completed.

On the launcher there is no date (top right) in the Last installed area . . it is blank. and instead of update it says install. I last remember updating on I think 3 March . . maybe 5 March. If i click on install. the window simply disappears and nothing happens.
The plugins update successfully but without MacroQuest, I dont know how to use the plugins - if i can without MacroQuest

Please Help
DJ

Have been using the RedGuide Launcher and as of yesterday, I get the message
Everquest version Mar 3 2022
MacroQuest version Feb 10

These versions need to match in order to load MacroQuest. One of them may be out of date. Loading of MacorQuest cannot be completed.

On the launcher there is no date (top right) in the Last installed area . . it is blank. and instead of update it says install. I last remember updating on I think 3 March . . maybe 5 March. If i click on install. the window simply disappears and nothing happens.
The plugins update successfully but without MacroQuest, I dont know how to use the plugins - if i can without MacroQuest

Please Help
DJ
Try restarting your computer and then hitting install

Thank you! This finally worked for me after I rebooted my PC first.

Question - Error Logging in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back