• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Tech - EqNavigation.exe crashing. Pops up a screen SDL_app and then crashes (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,804¢
I tried to set this up several weeks ago and I was able to get a few menus into the program before it crashed. Now whenever I load the exe I get a blank window that says SDL_app at the top and it crashes. I have replaced the eqNavigation.exe file with a fresh one. Replaced the SDL.dll file as well (just a guess). Below is the crash report.

Faulting application name: EQNavigation.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51a38ab9
Faulting module name: atioglxx.dll, version: 6.14.10.9236, time stamp: 0x4b2aa66c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000b212
Faulting process id: 0x858
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf756d4ca0b9ca
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Rob\Desktop\Macroquest2\EQNavigation.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atioglxx.dll
Report Id: 8b30d9d8-e160-11e3-8dc4-20cf3073bac2

MQ2Navigation works fine, I have multiple mesh's that i've downloaded from Redguides that I use quite a bit. I just can't run eqNavigation to make my own meshes and what not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Play a bit with compatibility settings, I tried to run it with windows 7 I think and then it worked. Might have been another version, just try till you get the right one.

Then again, I DL'ed a fresh compile yesterday and it was working fine without the compatibility setting.

Weird stuff :S

I think I messed something up when I ran it the first time. It feels like maybe it wrote data somewhere, that it loads up whenever I run it, that makes it crash. I'm using Windows 7 now but I'll check the compatibility settings later just in case.

Thanks

Ok tried compatibility settings and permissions, ran as administrator as well. I just remembered that when I ran it the first time it gave me some kind of error because my folder was named Macroquest 2 instead of Macroquest2. I tried starting over today, made a brand new folder and used rgupdater to create all new files from the latest vanilla compile. Still getting the same error.

I feel like eqNavigation.exe created some file somewhere (maybe a registry entry?) that saved my folder settings and this is crashing the program everytime it tries to call the information.

Another possibility, the error report shows Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atioglxx.dll which I believe is a part of my video cards driver package. Not sure if I should reinstall my video drivers perhaps?

Hmm I replied to this and it disappeared. Dang android apps!

Ok I'm a little confused, please forgive me. My eqNavigation.exe file when double clicked crashes immediately. Is there another way to open it? I'm sure I'm going to feel really stupid when you tell me lol.

Rob

All I get when I open EqNavigation.exe is a request "Do you want to parse from Everquest?" and then "Do you want to parse from Redquest?" If I answer yes or no, the program ends. It created the Navigation directory but that was all.

Tech - EqNavigation.exe crashing. Pops up a screen SDL_app and then crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back