• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - EQGraphics.dll Crash (1 Viewer)

RedCents
161¢
keep on randomly crashing on 1 of my toons since this latest patch.... i rolled back my nvidia driver and still crashing.... not sure if it's even that but maybe someone can elaborate.

some recent ones...

aec952f0-862d-45a5-852b-13a856439c7f
90bcced9-ba26-4978-925d-c3ad1a7801ba
2119dae1-2908-4ee6-a992-163885f83ae2
23d28b24-a2b2-4ced-8253-bc03a40821b9

1708568803691.png

I keep getting this crash error every time and cannot login

1708626097388.png

i have no idea then. i've never seen something like this before. are you able to capture a video of what this looks like?
Im not sure what happened either, I haven't changed any settings at all . This just happened when I updated yesterday

Anybody else having this problem? Tried deleting that dll file and that did not solve it. It is giving me this error with any toon i try to login

@Knoxvillian @afortner87

These are the steps I'd like you to follow and tell me if it helps:
1.) Go to: https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx and get the latest drivers for your card.
2.) Open the nVidia GeForce Experience
3.) Click on the Cog at the top (Settings)
4.) Where it says In-Game Overaly toggle that off

Then I also want you to make sure you have the DirectX Redist (2010 installed:

After doing both of those things, do a clean reboot and let's see what happens.

@Knoxvillian @afortner87

These are the steps I'd like you to follow and tell me if it helps:
1.) Go to: https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx and get the latest drivers for your card.
2.) Open the nVidia GeForce Experience
3.) Click on the Cog at the top (Settings)
4.) Where it says In-Game Overaly toggle that off

Then I also want you to make sure you have the DirectX Redist (2010 installed:

After doing both of those things, do a clean reboot and let's see what happens.
GForce Experience is a performance killer. I'd get rid of that too.

I keep getting this crash error every time and cannot login

View attachment 57703

Im not sure what happened either, I haven't changed any settings at all . This just happened when I updated yesterday

Anybody else having this problem? Tried deleting that dll file and that did not solve it. It is giving me this error with any toon i try to login

I'm also having this problem, every time I try to start I get that error window. I haven't touched anything either, it's been happening since the patch. Is there any solution?

Thanks and sorry if it is resolved in some other post, but I can't find it.

I have tried starting it normally, outside of RG and it doesn't work either, but this way no error appears, a tiny window simply appears at the top left of the monitor and shortly after both the window and the launcher close.
I deduce that it has nothing to do with RG but with my team, but if anyone could give me a hand I would appreciate it.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it, this fixed the problem. I haven't remembered to save the interfaces and I will have to look on another PC to recover them, but at least I can play again.

I hope this helps some mate.

I'm also having this problem, every time I try to start I get that error window. I haven't touched anything either, it's been happening since the patch. Is there any solution?

Thanks and sorry if it is resolved in some other post, but I can't find it.

I have tried starting it normally, outside of RG and it doesn't work either, but this way no error appears, a tiny window simply appears at the top left of the monitor and shortly after both the window and the launcher close.
I deduce that it has nothing to do with RG but with my team, but if anyone could give me a hand I would appreciate it.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it, this fixed the problem. I haven't remembered to save the interfaces and I will have to look on another PC to recover them, but at least I can play again.

I hope this helps some mate.
a reinstall is pretty extreme - but running the launchpad and doing the file check is always a good idea if you are having issues

I am crashing direct to desktop the last two days without MQ, just EQ. No error or anything. Once it starts happening I have to restart computer and then things go well for awhile until they don't.

Updated drivers, did file scan, made new eqclient.ini with and without the new memory settings. Not getting any errors just the screen goes all black and after a minute all eq windows are gone.

Guessing there is something with the latest patch and directx.

* Sometimes it is after character select, sometimes right after logging in.

I am crashing direct to desktop the last two days without MQ, just EQ. No error or anything. Once it starts happening I have to restart computer and then things go well for awhile until they don't.

Updated drivers, did file scan, made new eqclient.ini with and without the new memory settings. Not getting any errors just the screen goes all black and after a minute all eq windows are gone.

Guessing there is something with the latest patch and directx.

* Sometimes it is after character select, sometimes right after logging in.
While some people here might be able to help, off hand, thats a EQ issue, and you will have better luck posting in those forums (im sorry you have to go there).

Problem - EQGraphics.dll Crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back