• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - EQClassic Source Code (1 Viewer)

What all does the EQ Classic code have implemented that is lacking on EQ Emulator? Or is it mostly good for the spawn/item data set?

What all does the EQ Classic code have implemented that is lacking on EQ Emulator? Or is it mostly good for the spawn/item data set?

I played in the beta. The pathing raped and pillaged classic EQ and for sure any other emulator. Was awesome! Apparently they also had a way (didn't see it in action) to script super diverse quests (think the faction war business in, I believe, GD between the Dorfs and Giants) as well. Not sure how much of this is part of the source but it was solid. Could use the old client too which would be perfect for a classic server! Titanium you can kinda-sorta fake classic but shit isn't right. Lighting is off, calculations for attacks/defense/etc. are all handled by the client to my understanding, 3rd person perspective, etc.

If all that was got out of this was the pathing system life would be amazing. I can't begin to stress how well everything just...felt. Worked like a dream!

Tech - EQClassic Source Code

Users who are viewing this thread

Back