• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQBC linux (1 Viewer)

wackawacka

RedCents
992¢
is there a way to get EQBC set up on a linux machine so i and a friend could use it remotely i am running a centOS server that i currently use for vent and would like to set it up to be on all the time with a password to log in.

Yes. You just need to compile the EQBCS cpp file on the linux box with the password option and then run it.

From the cpp file
Rich (BB code):
// Change the following line if you want to have
// a tad more security (for example, change to "LOGIN:PASSWORD=")
// Just be sure to change on the client side as well.

#define LOGIN_START_TOKEN "LOGIN=MYPassword"

http://www.redguides.com/wiki/MQ2EQBC#Compiling_EQBCS_.28Linux.29

IF you compile it native to linux it just runs as a daemon. Very small memory footprint and up 24/7. Installing wine just to run one application that can be run native to linux is kind of silly.

EQBCMobile
Android App by ieatacid

Please feel free to direct feature requests, questions, or anything else regarding this app to [email protected]

This application lets you connect to an EQBC server. From there you can monitor and send commands to other clients running the MQ2EQBC plugin.

It's highly recommended you use an ssh tunnel for security purposes. I didn't build one into the app because there are many free apps available for this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5pZWF0YWNpZC5lcWJjbW9iaWxlIl0.

this is a very cool app. I have been testing it for a bit now and I love it...I use it all the time!

make sure to toss ieatacid some $$ and love if you like this app as he has spent lots of time and money to be able to bring this app to us.

for some reason when i use /bct toonname it says tooname: no such name. i know not to use toonname i am using real char names. I wondering if i need a newer cpp file and maybe that is why its not working.

Question - EQBC linux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back