• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

EQBC Firewall (1 Viewer)

if you are running a specific program to communicate between machines, you need to find out what port you need to open. If not, just make sure you are both in the same workgroup, turn on file and print sharing, then designate shared folders or whatever on each machine. If you don't want to set up permissions for each, just set each share up to available to everyone on the network.

Bakidood said:
is EQBC a specific program to communicate between machines?? if so how would i find the port i would need to open?

From the Eqbcs documentation..
About Eqbcs.

Eqbcs is a server that can be run as a console app on windows, or on unix (tested with linux) which is how I run it.

It currently only takes one command line parameter, which is the port you want to bind to (default is 2112, which I dedicate to the Canadian trio Rush).

Example:
Yourprompt:> eqbcs
- Listens on port 2112
Yourprompt:> eqbcs 4224
- Listens on port 4224
Yourprompt:> eqbcs ftp
- Does not work, it does not look up service names to map to port, and the text won't work.

Note that on unix systems, access to ports under 1024 is generally restricted to the root.
That should answer your question ;)

EQBC Firewall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back