• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - EQ much less responsive since the 9/19 patch. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,807¢
I see on the MQ2EQWire comments people are complaining about game performance. I was going to reply there but thought it would be better to start a new thread since many of us don't actually use that plug-in.

I've tried adjusting my CPU optimization settings in ISBoxer. I've tried adjusting in-game video settings. I've completely shutdown and restarted all local networking components. I've checked my character INI files for corruption. I began to think I should implement MQ2EQWire to help solve my problems. I've also thought that something in Kiss11.007 maybe to blame but it worked a lot better before the latest DBG patch.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but suddenly it's almost like a chore 6-boxing my crew with all the script failures and macro stuttering. And like the posters on the other thread I now see CPU utilization mostly at 100% when that used to be rare. It's very annoying because all the cooling fans in my rig spin up to full speed and it gets rather noisy in here.

6 boxing and your CPU is at 100% ? Are you using mq2fps or the in game fps limiter ? You should limit background clients to 15-25 FPS that has a huge effect on CPU load. I haven't noticed any CPU increase per client since last patch.

I went from being able to run 36 on my computer with 30 fps on everyone, now I can only run 24 and keep their fps at 30. If I load up to 30 suddenly I've got toons dropping their fps down to between 10 - 15 which is unacceptable. My GPU usage hasn't changed, it is just the CPU usage that has increased.

are you using isboxer? Try rebuilding your character sets with the CPU profile set to OFF. Then use MQ2FPS.

this part has to be done on each toon-----> Follow the info page for the plugin to get it set up correctly. (fps in game set to max, then FG=60 and BG=20, yep)

I have noticed increased cpu usage. 36 toons went from 48% to 61%.
I went from being able to run 36 on my computer with 30 fps on everyone, now I can only run 24 and keep their fps at 30. If I load up to 30 suddenly I've got toons dropping their fps down to between 10 - 15 which is unacceptable. My GPU usage hasn't changed, it is just the CPU usage that has increased.

background toons can run at 15-20 without any performance loss. You can also do /render bg 50

Chipping in a couple pennies - Using Vanilla, currently updated, and even with 1 toon logged in and only MQ2Ic running, MQ drops my frame-rate into the dirt (about 5 seconds of freeze-frame followed by ~ 1/2 a second of motion). Everything runs fine until I boot up MQ2 after this last EQ patch. If I can supply any more helpful info holla

Discussion - EQ much less responsive since the 9/19 patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back