• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

eq emulated? Done for? (1 Viewer)

Ya know new guy ya got me thinking... Why pay SoE money to play on the old progression server... Hell Ill jump on that EMU server it has all the good expansions that I loved anyhow. Also, It doesn't have Evil GMs to monitor my stuffz. I can use all kinds of older hacks on that server as well. Hahahaha. Just gotta update my opcodes to there patch and grab an old ass version of MQ2 lol.

i played on sod for a while, still have a few characters there but i don't play much now. anyways if anyone wants it i'll post the source code and database the server uses. do a search and i think you can find a working version of macroquest for the server with authorization removed. if not i have a zip file with undoctored files i downloaded from mq2 CVS before it got removed that i can post.

anyways with the source code you can see all the calculations that the administrator uses for damage and whatnot to a T. you can also find out a lot of other goodies about the server if you're familiar with the code.

with the database (in sql format, you'll need an sql editor) you'll find all the different items with idnumbers, tradeskill combines, npc's with all stats and loottables with percents, zones, zonelines, literally everything on the server (except all character usernames/passwords have been removed as well as any info that'd allow you to directly attack the server). it's pretty useful. for example i queried the database and found a few tradeskills which are extremely profitable (1pp+ per combine), macroed it, became the wealthiest person on the server in around a day or two raking in well over a million plat in a week (plat is worth a lot more on SoD - most expensive item you can buy except for charms is around 15kish). i should also mention a few of my accounts i used got banned for this, but he didn't even nail half of them since i use unique ip's on all my different pc's via wifi. i flaunted it too much and made it too obvious - i never cared to be honest. have had no problems since i've been more discrete.

i made a pretty decent macroquest UI for SoD too but from what i hear from friends using it it's broken now somehow so i won't post until i take the time to figure out why it's breaking on them.

Woot you are the man... Thats what I need is Source... all I could find was a damn precompile... Yuck. I have so many old plugins that were nerfed. I can't wait to try em out. Also gonna have to remake a diffrent Warp plugin ... Using that Precompile it was saying warp detected returning you to origin point... Found it quite amusing lol.

yeah that's pretty new - if you warp more than x units it does that and logs it in the zone log of how far you warped to be manually checked for anomally i think. it seems he's starting to catch on that people are hacking on the server; he was pretty oblivious to it for years (i used to warp pull mobs in the middle of a group with a lvl65 to powerlevel and people were too dumb to realize what was going on) =P

anyways here's cvs source.

should probably mention to anyone that's unfamiliar that you need to set client override in eqgame.ini (macroquest release directory) to 1 in order for the compiles to work on emu. by default it's 0 i think and you'll get an incorrect version error (figure i'll state this before someone posts saying the source doesn't work).

eq emulated? Done for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back