• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - EQ Crash: Using /invoke to open a Tradeskill Window causes a crash. [Lua] (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,643¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, everyone. I'm trying to write a Lua program and I've run into a problem. Whenever I open my tradeskill container manually (the Reinforced Medicine Bag), I can click the 'Search Recipes' button without issue. Even using mq.cmd('/invoke ${Window[TradeskillWnd/COMBW_SearchButton].LeftMouseUp}') to click the button works fine.

The issue is that when I open the tradeskill window using an /invoke command: mq.cmd('/invoke ${Window[TradeskillWnd].DoOpen}') means that either manually clicking the Search button or another /invoke command causes EQ to crash. It always references Location: ... +000000000060E2F4.

I'm not sure what specifically about invoking the tradeskill window causes the crash. I'm curious if there's another method to open the window from a Lua program that doesn't use /invoke. From what I can tell, /notify only works for open windows and cannot open one directly. Any help would be appreciated, as trying to narrow this down has had me pulling out my hair.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 084206.png

INI:
mq.cmd('/invoke ${Window[TradeskillWnd/COMBW_SearchButton].LeftMouseUp}')

becomes

INI:
mq.TLO.Window("TradeskillWnd/COMBW_SearchButton").LeftMouseUp()
Ooh, I didn't know that was possible. I can use that to open the Reinforced Medicine Bag, but then clicking Search still crashed the client. It almost feels that opening the container using anything other than a right click is causing it. All of this is on the test server, by the way. I think I'll explore a kludgy way of just right clicking the container and go from there. In any case, thank you for the rapid response, brainiac!

I don't think you can force open the TradeskillWnd this way. Its crashing because of a bad item, which makes sense, since tradeskill windows are associated with an item. So i guess by trying to force it open, you're causing a crash because theres no item associated with the window.

Just wanted to report back that brainiac was right on the money (as befits the name). Calling the TradeskillWnd directly was causing the crashing. After reworking things to call the window from the container has fixed the 'issue'. So, to anyone that is trying to automate anything from tradeskill windows, make sure that you are using the container instead of the direct window.

Problem - EQ Crash: Using /invoke to open a Tradeskill Window causes a crash. [Lua]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back