• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - EQ Crash Detected (1 Viewer)

Solution
Have shut down a multiple "unnecessary" plugs to no avail. Still just the one toon (most important toon to the crew unfortunately). Next, step (unless someone has a better recommendation), going to completely uninstall and reinstall *cross fingers*. Again, if anyone has any further advice as to additional things to try, I am all ears! Thank you and "happy" Monday! Have a great week!
well nothing in there points to "unnecessary" plugins - i just mentioned those are they are frequent issues.

I personally would check:
a: eq file validation via the launcher
b: delete/rename any files with that particular toon's name in it in your eq folder and let eq re-create them.

in this instance the crash above, I'm not convinced it is...
I seem to be getting this quite frequently. And just on one single toon typically (My SK running Eskay Plugin). Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
View attachment 38896
I haven't looked at the dmp yet, but very unlikely that is an mq2eskay crash, also keep in mind you will almost certainly have 30 to 50 plugins loaded at any one time, and the crash detection is grabbing the crash for any reason, including not mq related

edit: in this case specifically you have 45 loaded plugins :p

not saying that these are problems for you - but just writing out somethings as i wait for your dmp to load.
do you actively use mq2collections? like for entropy or rgmercs? if not, unload it
do you actively use mq2cpuload? i'd guess not - unload it

Sic,
Appreciate the swift response. Any suggestions on the next action/troubleshooting I should take/try?
well, i usually take a quick look in case there is anything obvious out-the-gate that might resolve problems, the #RealMQDevs Knightly, Dannuic, and Brainiac would be the ones who would have a better specific answer.

All dmps automatically get submitted (unless you turn it off - you didn't) and they get triaged and worked on collectively, so this would be something that gets looked at.

none of the following information is going to be useful to you:
INI:
this particular thing is a crash in the ModelLoader:OnPulse in mq2nav - that doesn't meant it is or isn't an mq2nav crash, just where it occurred.

doortargetId appears to be a smashed value

Unhandled exception thrown: read access violation.
***(__imp_pSwitchTarget)** was 0x2456A1344E0.

Call Stack:
>    mq2nav.DLL!ModelLoader::OnPulse() Line 323    C++
     [Inline Frame] mq2nav.DLL!MQ2NavigationPlugin::Plugin_OnPulse() Line 493    C++
     mq2nav.DLL!OnPulse() Line 48    C++
     [Inline Frame] MQ2Main.dll!mq::PulsePlugins::__l2::<lambda_a217ec3e1c331260423598460e2bc207>::operator()(const mq::MQPlugin *) Line 580    C++
     [Inline Frame] MQ2Main.dll!mq::ForEachPlugin(mq::PulsePlugins::__l2::<lambda_a217ec3e1c331260423598460e2bc207> &&) Line 504    C++
     MQ2Main.dll!mq::PulsePlugins() Line 577    C++
     MQ2Main.dll!mq::Heartbeat() Line 640    C++
     MQ2Main.dll!mq::DoGameEventsPulse(int(*)() pEventFunc) Line 699    C++
     MQ2Main.dll!mq::Detour_ProcessGameEvents() Line 741    C++

@brainiac might have some more off-the-cuff suggestions that might help you, but i don't have anything specific for you. this just might be an MQ bug

I hopefully fixed this (probably shouldn't celebrate too early with my luck or to jinx it😝).... I just completely deleted and reset said SKs ini files, which seemed to do the trick thus far. Wish me luck! Also thank you for the feedback and let me know if there are any further recommendations. Fantastic community!

Well, shoot! Same problem keeps happening. Again, running 13-15 toon windows and it's always just the same SK toon that is pulling (have only been doing one zone so not certain if it could be a mesh thing with that zone or what). The window freezes and needs a task end, or depops completely. It is also usually mid-pull. Any further suggestions on some trouble shooting would be tremendously appreciated. Again all other toons are just peachy and wait for their freezing/disappearing Tank to return 😋

Have shut down a multiple "unnecessary" plugs to no avail. Still just the one toon (most important toon to the crew unfortunately). Next, step (unless someone has a better recommendation), going to completely uninstall and reinstall *cross fingers*. Again, if anyone has any further advice as to additional things to try, I am all ears! Thank you and "happy" Monday! Have a great week!

well nothing in there points to "unnecessary" plugins - i just mentioned those are they are frequent issues.

b: delete/rename any files with that particular toon's name in it in your eq folder and let eq re-create them.

in this instance the crash above, I'm not convinced it is something you can do anything about.

as always I would ensure the following:

1. windows is updated
2. you are running the correct dx9
- Directx 9.0c June 2010 Redist (Windows 10 comes with a stripped-down version) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
3. If you are running anny AV or file syncing - it is almost always worth excluding your eq/mq directories from those.

Solution

in this instance the crash above, I'm not convinced it is something you can do anything about.

as always I would ensure the following:

1. windows is updated
2. you are running the correct dx9
- Directx 9.0c June 2010 Redist (Windows 10 comes with a stripped-down version) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Thank you Sic. I will try these recommendations and will report back as to any new status that results.

Perhaps try shutting down ALL and enable them 1 at a time to see if particular mac/plugin is causing your issue...
Thank you! I will try this for sure if no success with Sic's most recent recommendation. I do greatly appreciate all of the assistance/recommendations. I know its not always a prefect sciences as there are many variabilities (general and user specific) that can come into play.

Problem - EQ Crash Detected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back